Part Six

Ciara's Point of View.

"I can't wait to see the dolphins," I said to Yn, as the boys were busy. The boat started to go over big waves. "Hey, guys I think there is a storm coming our way" Yn yelled loud enough for the boys to hear."What are you on about yn?" Josh asked turning around to look at us. "Look at the clouds and the sea ahead of us. Storms coming our way" she said. Josh soon looked ahead and muttered a "Wholey shit!" We both heard.

Third Person's POV.

It didn't take long for the storm to hit, the girls had to join the boys under the cover where the boys were originally stood steering the boat because it wasn't safe to sit at the back of the boat especially how the boat was going over the waves. It was dangerous as they didn't want any of the girls going overboard.

"Just hold onto something alright," Josh said to Ciara who was starting to panic. Ciara looked around and grabbed onto one of the handles. "this was such a bad idea" she kept saying to herself. "It'll be alright Ciara," Yn said trying to calm her down even though she was frightened herself, especially hearing the thunder and lightning, the sound of the sea crashing off the boat.

Sonny somehow was managing to steer the boat until a big gush of wind hit the boat with force knocking everyone to the floor. The boat turning direction. They all quickly got up, Sonny grabbing the wheel trying to turn it to go back in the other direction. "Josh we've changed direction, we're not going the right way!" Sonny yelled to Josh who was struggling to get over to him.

Eventually, Josh got over to him and grabbed the wheel trying to help him turn the wheel but it wouldn't turn. "Erm guys not to worry you but why are the boat lights flashing?" Ciara asked them. "What are you on about?" Josh asked looking at his sister. "The lights are flashing on the boat," She said.  "what does it mean?" Yn asked. " it's the distress lights if the boat's engine about to fail," Sonny said. "Well the boat engines fine," Josh said.

The boat engine stopped.  The boat coming to halt. "What the hell!" Sonny said, "turn the key again. It's probably-" "dude you don't even know anything about boats," Sonny said turning the key to try and get the boat started.  "It's not starting the boat," Sonny said panicking. "Try it again," Josh said, Sonny turned the key again. "Josh it's not starting, I think the engines failed," Sonny said knowing a lot more about boats than Josh. The girls looked at each other.

"Then what are we going to do Sonny? You're the boat expert. What do we do? Tell us and we will do it" Josh said, by the tone of his voice he was starting to panic."I know that but it's the engine and it's failed and there's nothing we can do about it, Josh," Sonny said back to the older boy. "Bullshit there's always something," Josh said crossing his arms. Sonny turned to look at Josh. 

"Are you an expert about boats? Do you know anything about boats, Josh? No, you don't. So shut your mouth" Sonny spat at him. "Don't talk to me like that Sonny. I was only saying there's always something" Josh said calmly. He knew if they were to continue to shout at one another it would cause an argument and right now, the situation they're in they didn't need that right now.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout. It's just that I'm worried, I know so much about boats but yet I don't know what to do if the engine fails. I mean that is one thing I should know what to do if an engine fails and I don't. I feel like I have let you all down and I'm sorry" Sonny said sadly as he looked at them one by one. "Sonny it's not your fault the engine failed and besides if you did know what to do. You wouldn't be able to fix it anyway because one you don't have any tools and two we are in the middle of a storm." Yn said Sonny sighed.

"I just feel like I've let you all down," He said and sat down with the others as the boat continued to drift along the sea. There wasn't anything they could do with the engine failing, they couldn't steer because of it. It meant they could only sit down and talk and wait for the boat to stop and hopefully they would be close to land.

"I just wish I read about engine failures" Sonny started saying. " Sonny enough now, we know you feel bad but keep saying it isn't going change what has happened," Josh said. "What are we going to do now? We far away from the shore, we can't even control this damn boat and we aren't even going in the direction of the island we were going to anyway" Sonny said looking at the others.

The others sat there silently, not knowing what to say back to Sonny latest comment. What could they do? They were on a boat with no radio because it didn't have one and they had no power so all they could do was sit and wait.

"We just sit here and wait for the boat to come to a halt, " YN said breaking the silence. "I just want to go home," Ciara said sighing. "We'll get back don't worry," Josh said to his sister. "That's the thing I am worried about because I don't think we will," she said.

"You know we haven't got a radio but maybe we can use one of our phones to ring back to the dock and ask for assistance" Yn suggested. "Hey that could work everyone checks your phones and sees who has a signal," Josh said. They all checked their phones and were left with disappointment, none of their phones had a signal.

"It was worth a try, but we will just have to wait now," Sonny said, they all sighed while placing their phones into their pockets."Having no signal, I'm really worried now" Ciara said breaking the silence. Ciara wasn't the only one who was worried, they all were. Yn was worried, Sonny was worried and even Josh was worried but he wouldn't show it or say he was because he was the oldest, he had to be the strongest out of them all. 

Yn's Point Of View

We were all sat trying to be as comfortable as possible while leaning against the boat. It seemed forever since the boat engine went out and we only could rely on the sea to keep the boat moving. There was a little conversation, not one of us know what to say to make the situation any better. "I just want to see the land I'm sick and tired of seeing water," Ciara said breaking the silence. 

"Maybe you'll get your wish," Sonny said as he was standing up. "What are you talking about Sonny?" Josh asked. They all stood up and walked over to where Sonny was standing. "Can you see that? " Sonny asked them. "What are we supposed to be seeing?" Ciara asked as they were all looking out of the window on the boat.

"It's land," Sonny said. "Land. It's land. We can finally get off the boat and try and get some help" Ciara said happily. "Yeah have you ever come to think that the island might be IOD," Sonny said. "Don't be stupid Sonny. We aren't nowhere near IOD" Josh said rolling his eyes at Sonny.

"How do you know you aren't a map expert," Sonny said slightly sarcastic. Josh showed him his middle finger."Guys, we aren't far from the island now" I said changing the topic from IOD. I didn't want to hear about the possible chance the island we were close to could be IOD.