I Can't Order Pizza Anymore! (2)

I open my eyes and look around I was in a white room. I immediatly recgonized it.

The Pack Hospital.

I shudder at the thought of me being in here. This place doesn't hold the best memories for me. I looked down, I wasn't wearing the same clothes as I was before. Wires were hooked up to my arm. I heard sobbing and look to my left. I saw Dustin holding my hand and crying his heart out.

I tried to speak but it hurt too much. Breathing was a bearable pain. I just squeezed the hand that he was holding. He looked up and saw I was awake.

"Oh my god, Val!" He jumped up and hugged me. "I thought I lost you. I thought you were gone! I'm so sorry I wasn't there to save you from him!"

I tried to talk again but it was like it wasn't there anymore. It was like I had no voice. I got Dustin's attention and pointed to my throat.

He sigh heavily. "Valerie" He started. Uh oh! He used my full name. He only used that when bad things happened to us like Father stole our money or someone died. "Father slashed your throat pretty badly. It should have healed instantly. It would have healed instantly if he didn't have silver in his claws. The silver and the slashing managed to destroy your vocal cords completely. The doctor was able to remove the silver before it traveled to your heart, but she said it take a long time before you can talk again"

Oh boy. It's all father's fault! I-I can't be in the orchestra anymore! I can't speak in school anymore! Shit! I can't even order pizza anymore because of him! I start to cry and tears spilled down my cheeks.

"Val, it's okay! Everything will be fine!" He promised.

'How do you know? How do you know Father won't strike again, Dustin?' I asked him through mindlink.

"Look, i'm going to do something and it's going to save us from him" He revealed.

'You're going to kill him?! Dustin, no offence, I love you and all, but yesturday, you got in a fight with a pitbull, and lost' I informed him.

He chuckled while looking at our entwined hands and squeezing tightly. "What? No! I'm not going to kill him"

Before I could respond, he stops me. He stops me with words that would change our lives forever

"I'm going to run away. And you're coming with me"