Smitten With You (24)

I let out an awkward cough. "We should.. uh.. Head back" I suggested.

He nodded his head in response and started heading towards the Pack House. I pick up the little cub and started following Jackson.

I can't believe we almost kissed! I almost kissed him! Did he want to kiss me back? Well duh, I could have sworn he was the first to lean in. Right? Right.

I looked at the cute cub in my hands. I needed to name him.

"Sid" I mumbled while smiling at the cub.

"What?" Jackson asked while turning in my direction.

"I just named the cub Sid" I shrugged while kissing the cub on his head. He was sound asleep in my arms.

"Why Sid?" He asked while looking at me intensly.

"Why not Sid?" I countered while walking past him. I didn't hear him walk after me. I turned and he was still rooted in the same spot. "Sid is the name of the sloth from Ice Age, one of my favorite movies"

I nodded and walked towards the house.

Jackson, Oh, Jackson. What are you doing to me?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sneak into the house silently with Sid. I don't know what happened to Jackson, but I made it in. I tiptoed to the kitchen and made it successfully to the fridge. I opened the fridge and bent down, looking for food.

"He's different with you" a voice commented. I jumped in shock and turned around to find Sierra sitting on a stool, staring at me.

"What?" I asked out of breath. My heart was pounding in shock. How did I not see her?

"Jackson. He's better since you came" She smiled. "When he came home, he would usually be locked up in his office with Alpha duties. When you ran off, he threw that to the side and was the first to run off after you. I have never seen him so.."

"Distracted?" I suggested while cradling Sid in my arms.

She stepped off her stool and walked towards me. She softly stroked Sid's fur.

"Smitten" She revealed. I looked at her in confusion. "I was going to say, I have never seen Jackson so smitten with anyone"

I stared at her in shock. She scoffed. "Please! You are the exact same with him!"

"What?! No! I'm-"

"Stop denying it! It's late, let's go to bed"

Sierra showed me a spare room where I could stay. I was huge and had a lot of space. I just jumped into bed and cuddled with Sid. We soon drifted off to sleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"AHHHHHHH!" I heard someone scream. I woke up in an instant. I look to the side to see Sid missing. I wuickly scrambled out of bed and ran to the source of the scream.

I saw a Sid growling at a Joseph. Joseph looked like he was ready to throw him out.

"Sid! Sid!" I command.

Sid stopped growling at Joseph and walked to my side. I picked him up in my arms and inspected him for damage.

"What the hell, Val?" Joseph asked.

I glare at Joseph and walk back to my room. I slammed the door which scared Sid. "Sorry Sid" I mumbled.

"Slamming doors like you own the place now?"

I look up to see Jackson sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while looking at anything but him.

"I just wanted to see you and check on how you are doing" He admitted. He got up and walked towards me. "How are you doing?"

He was too close. I took a step back. "I'm good"

"There's pack training in a few hours. You should come" He suggested.

"Is it too late to say I can't train because I don't feel well?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"See you there" Jackson replies while walking out of my room.

How am I supposed to train?

I thought Joseph was supposed to help me?!

Ugh. I have a bad feeling about all of this.