Remedy (15)

~Joseph~

"Is it worth it? She doesn't even know what's coming?" I asked while looking at Valerie through the 2-way glass. We can see her but she can't see us.

"Come on, Joey! It's going to fine. She already is aware of the pain and she agreed to it" Care reassured before going into the room with Ricky following her.

"But you're adding extra pain" I muttered before following them into the room.

Care is explaining to Valerie the procedures, yada yada yada.

I pull Ricky to the side to talk, knowing Care will keep Valerie busy so she can't listen into my conversation.

"Ricky, I don't know about this.." I hesistated.

"Look Joe, this needs to be done. She would've never believed us without it. It's a win-win" Ricky smirked.

Boy, I wanted to punch that smirk off.

"How is adding pain to Valerie for our convienence a win-win?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Lighten up, Joe. She gets her voice back...and a little extra. No biggie" He responded while slapping my back.

I was going to respond before we were interrupted. "Boys?" Care asked. "I need your help"

We walked up to Care and see Valerie sitting in a chair.

'Strap her down' Care instructed.

'Does she know?' I asked.

'Sort of' Care shrugged.

That was enough for Ricky because he was already cuffing her right arm and right leg to the chair. I sighed and grabbed her other arm before she can fight back. I cuffed her left arm and leg to the chair and step back.

Valerie was looking at us with a confused and angry expression. In her eyes, I could see hurt and betrayal.

If only she knew...

"Valerie?" Care asked. Valerie moved her gaze from me to Caroline. "This is just a precaution. The treatment might make you hurt and go crazy, but that's just for a little while, okay?"

Valerie slowly nodded her head. It's not like she has a choice, we already strapped her down.

Care pulled out two giant needles. Valerie's eyes widened at the sight. I think she doesn't like needles.

"Valerie, I need to inject you with the treatment. It'll hurt, but soon, you'll be talking like you used to right?" Care chatted.

Valerie shrugged and closed her eyes.

Care stabbed Valerie in the neck with one of the needles and in the arm with the other. She inserted the liquid into Valerie's body and stepped back.

"I'm sorry" She whispered before walking out, Richard following behind her.

Valerie started tearing up and gritting her teeth together. Suddenly, she let out a ear-curdling scream. It sounded so pained. She kept screaming in pain and jerking around in the chair.

I looked at her in sympathy before walking out.

>>>>>>>>>>

~Valerie~

Pain.

How could a simple four letter word be the thing i'm feeling? The one thing i'm begging to stop? The treatment hurts so much! It feels unbearable!

My brain and body feel like it's on fire. I keep screaming hoping that someone will come and stop this, but no one does.

I hear the door opening. My vision is too clouded from my tears to see who was there.

The mystery person muttered a "sorry" before I felt my neck snap and darkness consumed me.

>>>>>

I was running through a meadow. I already knew I was dreaming. I mean, when do I run for fun? Where the heck did I find a meadow? Where is the logic?

I hear giggling on my right and I turn.

I see a younger version of myself running away from two boys who looked strangely familiar while giggling.

Oh yeah. I'm definatly dreaming.

They looked so happy and carefree.

The two boys ended up tackling the younger me. "Unfair" She pouted. "It was two-against-one!"

"It was totally fair, you started it! Right Joey?" The elder boy laughed.

The younger boy nodding his head while smiling. "Yeah! Weren't you the one who wanted to play tackle tag?"

"Whatev" She pouted.

The younger boy got up and grabbed the other two's hands. "We should get going. It's getting dark, we wouldn't want to get lost"

"Come on, Joey! A few more minutes wouldn't kill anyone right?" The eldest boy whined.

"Ricky, this isn't safe and we should get home" Joey warned.

"Do I- do I hear a chicken?" Ricky teased while making chicken sounds at Joey.

"Stop" Joey warned. "Look, the sun already set. Let's go"

"Ricky, Joey's right" The young girl agreed before Ricky could respond. "Let's go home, okay? Besides, there's always tommorow!"

Ricky sulked "Fine" He grumbled. His eyes lit up. "Race you back!"

He sprinted away, heading home with Joey right on his tails. They left young me to walk home by herself.

She kept walking in the dark woods. She knew how to get home, but the woods always seemed to scare her.

To her left, she heard the leaves rustling so she turned her head in that direction. She heard no other noise and quickened her pace to get home. She heard footsteps hot on her tails and felt hands grab her. She screamed for help before a hand covered her mouth.

She kept kicking and screaming to be let free. Her kidnapper became annoyed and irritated. He drugged her and her body went limp in his arms.

I woke up, still strapped to the chair, sweat racing down my face as I breathed deeply.

"Valerie? Are you okay?" A voice asked. I looked up and saw Ricky staring at me in concern.

I nodded my head. It must've been a weird dream.

"You weren't dreaming, Val. That was a memory" He explained.

I snapped my head up.

Memory?

>>>>>

Sorry for the late update!

Memory, huh? Expect more to come.

So this treatment is kind of extreme. I can't wait until Valerie can speak!

What do you think of Ricky, Joseph, and Caroline so far?

Who's your favorite out of the three?

Poor Valerie. She can't seem to catch a break.

Until next time, lovelieees!

Xxx