The Broken Howl of Freedom (3)

'Are you mentally crazy?! We can't just leave? Dustin, what about those NFL scouts you wanted to impress?' I asked him sadly.

"We have to leave. I-if you would've died, I don't think I could forgive myself. We have to go right when you get released" He rushed.

'Fine' I sighed. 'I hoped our lives won't be like this forever, Dust'

"It won't, Val. I promise to you" He responded.

I believed him. Dustin's that kind of guy that when he promised something, he never breaks it.

The rest of my night consisted of too much Kit Kats & Ring Pops. Dustin talking in weird accents to the nurses just to make me laugh. We even played Never Have I Ever even though we know everything about eachother until we fell asleep.

~~~~~

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulders.

"Valerie! Get up! The doctor just released you, so we have to go like now!" He rushed before pulling me off the bed, shoving clothes in my hand, and pushing me into the bathroom.

I quickly got dressed to not mess up our escape plan. Who knew when we would get this chance again? When I finished getting ready, I saw that my outfit consists of Special Training Sweat Pants which doesn't rip or tear when you shift and a giant t-shirt. My hair was tied up in a high ponytail, but it still was down to my waist. I got out just in time because before I knew it, Dustin grabbed my hand and we jumped out the window.

~~~~~

He has money and clothes in the bag. We run until we reach the pack border.

'How come there is no one guarding this area?' I asked.

'I may have volunteered to watch this area just so we could escape' He replied through mindlink.

When we pass over the border, I felt a wave of power pass through me. I knew it was the fact that we're abandoning the pack. I heard our father's broken howl. It screamed sadness, anger, and dissappointment. I knew he wasn't dissappointed at us. More for himself.

Dustin nudged me and looked ahead.

'Ready for freedom?' He asked.

'Ask freedom if they're ready for me first' I smirked before running ahead of Dustin. Away from our old pack.