Little Kiss-Blocking Cub (23)

After the discussion, everyone started to leave. I pulled Joseph back and told him I wanted to talk to him in private. Everyone gave us weird looks but still left.

He sighed and sat back down in his chair while I returned to mine.

"My wolf told me something. I'm totally confused, but she mentioned your name" I started with fiddling with my hands.

He leaned forward. "What did she say?"

I looked at him straight in the eye. "She said tell Joseph training needs to begin"

He looked shocked and started to lean back into his chair. He knew! They didn't tell me everything!

"You know, don't you? What was she talking about? Training for what? Does Ricky know about this too?" I asked Joseph quickly.

He quickly stood up and started to walk towards the door. "I can't tell you, you have to trust me"

He had his hand on the door handle, but didn't open the door. "How can I trust you if you won't be honest with me? You're lying to me!" I accussed.

He gripped the door handle and muttered an "I'm sorry" before pulling the door open and slamming the door shut.

I groaned in frustration and collapsed in my chair with my head in my hands. I was breathing deeply while thinking everything over. My eyes started to water when I thought everything over.

My whole life was a lie!

My name isn't even Valerie!

I lived a life that was a total fake!

Dustin. Did he know about this? Probably because he always watched out for me. I always thought it was to protect me, but it could easily be interpreted as guarding. Guarding me from my real family.

Ugh! I threw a chair across the room and watched it slam into pieces. I slid down the wall and started crying.

I was crying for everything.

For the lies. For the truth. For my mate bond. For my family. For Jackson. For me.

Why did my life have to be like this? Full of complications. I didn't want any of this.

Furiously, I wiped my face.

Fine. If they weren't going to be honest with me, they get the silent treatment.

Trust me, i've stayed silent even before my throat incident. I will easily win.

I will find out everything one way or the other. I will drive them crazy with my silence. That's what they get for keeping all of these lies going.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After I figured out my silent plan, I walked towards the kitchen. No one was here. Yet.

I opened the fridge and looked for some food. I felt like I haven't eaten in forever!

I saw butter, bread, bacon, and cheese and took them out. I placed a pan on the stove and put it on medium.

I was making myself two grilled bacon and cheese sandwiches.

After I finished the first, I heard voices.
Their voices
They were coming towards the kitchen.

"What the hell smells so good?!" Ricky yelled. I kept my back to them even though they were all there. I coukd feel their eyes looking at me.

"Val? Whatcha makin'?" Ricky asked while bumping my hip with his. I gave him a pointed look and took my food. I walked to the dining table and sat by myself.