ii

[Unedited]

The best you ever had is just a memory.❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

I was lying on the ground unable to move, it was like I was paralyzed. The air was filled with thick, grey smoke, boiling to the dark sky. Flames, I could see flames from the corner of my eye, but I couldn't move my head to get a better view. My whole body hurt and my head was spinning.

I blinked a few times, but still nothing. The scenary in front of me didn't change. The smoke managed to fill my lungs as I inhaled and I coughed loudly, the action causing my ribs to ache. I didn't know where I was, everything seemed to be falling apart around me.

I yelped in agony as I tried to roll my body around onto the ground. An unbearable pain appeared on my head and touched the back of my head with my hand. I felt a liquidity texture ran through my fingers and immediately brought my hand in front of me only to see blood dripping from my fingers.

"Angelina." I heard someone call my name, it was a man. His voice was deep and husky, it sounded familiar. I glanced around me, I could only see fire, smoke and ruins. Where was the man?

I was starting to feel dizzy again and I knew that I wouldn't last long, I was going to pass out and I had to find the man before I did. I coughed as the smoke blurred my vision and crawled towards the direction I thought I heard the voice.

Sirens echoed in the distance and I could hear voices, they were yelling and they were approaching me. My heart was thumbing hard against my chest as I saw a man lying on the ground a few feet away from me. He was a blur and I couldn't make out his features, but the only thing I did manage to see were his eyes when he opened them and looked directly at me.

They were green like the forest.

They held my gaze for a long time, until a pair of arms wrapped around me and I was pulled up into somebody's firm chest.