xiv

[Unedited]

Maybe I'm the worst person in the universe but I always try my best for you.❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

No.

Say no, Angelina.

No.

The voice inside my head was screaming at me and I simply stood frozen, looking up at Daniel with wide eyes as I replayed his request in my head over and over again. Did he really ask me that? To marry him? I could almost hear my heart as it pounded hard.

"D-Daniel, I don't know." I choked out, my voice just above a whisper. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't marry him when I wasn't sure of how I felt about him. My feelings for him weren't clear to me, I cared about him and I didn't want to hurt him, but that was all. I wasn't in love with Daniel. Maybe Harry was right, I was just afraid to let him go because he was everything I knew. But now things were different.

Harry came into the picture and changed everything. Before he came I had told myself that I would try to make things work with Daniel, that I would eventually fall in love with him, but now I wasn't sure anymore. Could I love Daniel when the only thing I could think of when I went to sleep at night was Harry face? He managed to get under my skin in such a short amount of time and turned everything upside down. I could see my plan of moving on shattering because I couldn't escape from my past. I couldn't escape from Harry. He had consumed me once again.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Daniel asked, taking a quick step away from me as if I burnt him. His eyebrows were furrowed and eyes narrowed, staring at me with so much intensity. He was hurt...Mad.

"I think it's too early for that. I don't think I'm ready to take that step with you." I confessed, holding his gaze.

"We have been together for a year and I love you, Angelina. My feelings for you are clear to me. You are the one for me!" He said, raising his voice a bit in desperation.

But I don't think you're the one for me!

That's what I wanted to tell him, but I held back. That would have hurt him and crash his heart and I didn't want to do that to him. He was a good person and it wouldn't be fair to treat him badly when the only thing he had done was to show me love. And all I had done was to not return it.

"I have to think about it. I don't want to rush things, Daniel. I am just starting to get my life back, putting the pieces together and agreeing to marry you it's something I don't know if I'm ready to do. I need time." I explained to him, throwing my hands in the air.

He nodded his head, averting his gaze to the ground. He looked tense. I didn't like seeing him like this, I could understand how he was feeling about Harry. He felt threatened. The ex had return and now he was scared that I would leave him, that I would choose Harry again. The worst thing was that I couldn't do anything to soothe his worries because deep down I knew that I wouldn't mean anything I told him. I was scared of myself at the moment, of the person I was when Harry was around me.

I needed time to think.

"Please, don't be like this." I pled, extending my hand out to touch him, but he moved away. Hurt flashing through his eyes, his eyes were getting glossy as tears appeared. He wiped them with his hand angrily.