xii

[Unedited]

And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

"Have you been here before?" I asked Harry as we entered inside the restaurant he had chosen to bring us to. It wasn't a five-star restaurant or expensive like the ones I was used to going to with my aunt. She would always take me to places which served gourmet food and I would always end up starving in the end. I hated that stuff. The portions were so small.

But this restaurant looked different. As soon as we stepped inside a delicious smell filled my nostrils, which caused my mouth to water. I was starving at the moment, my stomach was protesting. I didn't eat anything for breakfast today at home, I didn't want to face my aunt just yet so I left early before she could see me.

Thinking about it now, I don't think I will ever be able to look at her the same. The image of the perfect aunt is shattered, long gone. She wasn't perfect. She tried to deceive me, she lied to me about my past when I trusted her completely. I know that she loves me, her love is undeniable, but I can't help with how I feel.

"I come here often, their food is amazing. You're going to love their burgers. " Harry said, smiling down at me and showing his dimples. I nodded my head looking away from his eyes as I scanned the crowded place, trying to ignore the way my heart flattered. But then his hand cupped mine and he started walking, pulling me with him. My eyes trailed down to were our hands were intertwined and I gulped.

I didn't want to pull my hand away from his, but I also didn't want people to see us like this. What if someone recognised us. But before I could act, Harry stopped in front of a table and walked over to pull the chair for me. I smiled at him.

"Thank you." I said, taking my seat.

Harry sat opposite me and took the menu in his hands as I did the same. My eyes scanned the menu, but I wasn't really reading anything because every few seconds I would glance up to look at him.

"I think you should try what I usually take." He said after a while of looking through the menu and looked up at me, but I was already staring at him. I cleared my throat, blushing slightly and gave him a small nod.

Why couldn't I stop looking at him?

"You will love it, I promise." He said just as the waiter approached us. He greeted us politely and Harry ordered our food, telling him exactly what he wanted.

"So who recommended you this place?" I asked him, trying to make conversation.

"Louis did." He replied with a smile, but I frowned since I didn't know who that person was. The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't put a face on it. Harry seemed to realise it too and his smile fell a bit. "He is a friend. You knew him too. Sorry, I forgot..." He informed me and trailed off.

"It's okay. I would like to meet him, maybe it helps with my memory." I told him.

Harry leaned back on his seat, rubbing the back of his neck before parting hips to speak. "He left today, he went back to London. I don't know when he will come."

"Oh... And are you leaving too?" I asked him, my voice small. I didn't know why, but the thought of him leaving didn't sit well with me. When I first saw him and he told me who he was I was conflicted, I didn't know what to think or do, but now I'm not sure if I want him to leave anymore. I like his company, it gives me some kind of comfort.