xxxiii

[Unedited]

Your heart hits like a drum,
the chase has just begun.❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

I splashed some water on my face and placed my hands on either side of the faucet, leaning on it for support. I couldn't bring myself to sleep, I felt like someone was hiding in the shadows waiting for me. Even with security around me, I still didn't feel safe. The worst part was that this whole situation wasn't only messing with my head, but it was also starting to affect my health. I had this weird pain sometimes on my lower stomach, it wasn't unbearable but it was there and I couldn't help but think of my baby. Loren had promised to come with me tomorrow for a visit to my doctor, I wanted to make sure that my pregnancy was fine and my baby was safe.

I pulled my hair up in a messy ponytail and wiped my face with a clean towel before walking out of the bathroom. The room was dark and the light coming from the window created scary shadows on the walls which instantly made me feel uneasy and scared. The sound of the rain echoed through the walls, the thunder that followed caused me to jump a bit.

I approached the window and wrapped my arms around myself, stopping in front of it and looking outside at the dark sky. I couldn't see much, raindrops slid down the window and everything outside was in a blur. A lightning struck in the sky and I gulped. My hand reached out for the curtain so I could pull it over the window, but I froze as something caught my eye.

My heartbeat increased immediately and my lips parted as I looked at the dark figure of a man outside my house. He was standing in the middle of the road, far from where I was but the distance between us didn't make my fear go away. I narrowed my eyes, trying to get a better view but the raindrops on my window were preventing me from doing so.

The man suddenly moved. He took a few steps forwards.

I don't what I was thinking on that moment but my hands let go on the curtain and instead I opened the window. The cold air immediately hit my face and some water came in. I placed one hand on the ledge and the other above my eyes and looked again at the mysterious man on the road. I still couldn't see his face clearly. I wasn't sure if he had seen me, maybe he was just a random man, maybe he wasn't standing outside my window for a certain reason.

Shaking my head and feeling quite stupid, I closed the window again. I was being paranoid for once more, creating scary scenarios in my head and imaginary monsters. I had to stop doing that, I had to focus on saving Harry from Daniel and making sure that he would never hurt us again.

I looked down at my wet t-shirt and sighed in annoyance before taking it off. I made my way to the wardrobe and pulled out a new one. I was about to pull it over my head when my phone started ringing. The sound startled me and I turned around to look at the phone resting on top of my bed.

Pulling the t-shirt over my torso, I took a step forwards and looked at the bright screen only to see that it was an unknown caller. My eyes immediately trailed to the window, my hand started shaking slightly as I reached for the phone. I didn't answer it, I simply held it tightly on my hand as I moved towards the window again. My breathing was heavy, and I could hear my heart beating against my chest.

I feared what I was about to see.

The man was still standing on the road and I still couldn't see his face, but what I did see was  that he was holding a phone over his ear. My eyes moved between him and my phone and then as if it was nothing he lifted his other hand and waved at me.

That was the final move.

After that I screamed.

I screamed so much my lungs started to ache. My phone fell from my hand and I took a step back from the window only to stumble over the carpet and fall on the floor. Hissing I placed my hands over my stomach and tilted my head back, cursing under my breath.

The door to my bedroom opened suddenly and Sandra rushed inside with a horrified expression on her face. She looked around my bedroom as if looking for something or someone and then her eyes landed on me. By now tears were streaming down my cheeks and she ran to my side, helping me slowly to stand up and sit on the bed. My whole body was shaking and I squeezed the hand she gave me tightly.

"What happened? Why did you scream?" She asked me with fear evident in her voice. At the same time Liam ran inside the bedroom, his eyes were wide and he was holding his gun in his hand.

"What's going on?" He questioned, raising his voice. Wiping my tears, I managed to point to the window with my finger and parted my lips to speak.

"H-he is here. Daniel. Someone is outside the house." I choked out as Sandra rubbed my back  in a reassuring manner.

"Daniel?!" Liam exclaimed and rushed to the window. He glanced outside and pulled out his phone probably contacting the others before walking out of my bedroom.

I heard the sirens outside and Liam's voice as he ordered the other policemen.

"What happened Angelina?" Sandra asked me, her voice just above a whisper. My whole body was shaking and I forced my eyes to meet hers.

"He was standing on the road outside my window Sandra. He was watching me... He even called me on the phone." I explained to her. Her eyes widened, she was as shocked and scared as I was. Who knows for how long he had been doing this. For how long had he interfered with my privacy? Maybe my suspicions weren't so vain after all. It wasn't all in my head, someone was watching me from the shadows. Daniel.

"I can't believe this! Even after hiring security, he doesn't get scared away. He's insane!" She said, running her hands through her hair. "How are you feeling?" She asked me.

I gave her a small nod and she sighed in relief.

"This has to end, Sandra. I have to meet him and get this over with." I told her.

"Listen, Angelina. I have heard what you are planning to do and to be honest with you I don't think it's safe. You already have some difficulties with this pregnancy." She told me.

"I know. Believe me, I do. But what if this is the only way we can find Harry?"

She shook her head.

Liam appeared again on my door with a look of defeat on his face. I could tell by that expression that they hadn't found him. They never would.

"We couldn't find him." He stated.

I pressed my lips together and stood up carefully from the bed walking towards Liam. He exhaled deeply, seeming irritated with himself that he didn't manage to catch Daniel when he was so close to us.

"They are still searching the area." He informed me.

I nodded and looked at him.

"I will do it, Liam. I will meet him tomorrow and this will all end. I can't keep waiting." I told him.

"Are you sure about this? Weren't you going to see your doctor?" He asked me with worry. My mind was telling me to not do it, but my heart was willing to do anything for Harry. I could go to the doctor after that.

I had to meet with Daniel first.

___________________________
This is a small chapter but I wanted to update something. I know I haven't updated regularly but I have been busy with uni and I also started working recently. It was hard for me to find a time to write. Thank you for your patience.

Please comment and vote:)