xxv

[Unedited]

He was the rock in her chaos that the rest of the world splashed off.❞

➳➳➳

[Harry's POV]

This was a fucking joke!

How did this happen?

I didn't realise I said the last part loud until I felt Angelina flinch beside me and I was snapped back to reality. My eyes trailed towards her to see the shock and fear written on them and my heart sunk at the sight. Was it my reaction that caused that or did she hear what I heard too? I didn't know. My brain stopped working for a moment as I tried to take in what I had heard.

She was pregnant.

“Harry?” She called my name, her eyes tried to meet my own, but I looked down. I regretted it when I heard her voice crack. “Say something.” She said, her hand gripped my shirt in an attempt to catch my attention again. She sounded desperate.

What could I say?

She was pregnant.

With my child.

I was going to become a father.

“I am going to become a father.” I said, my voice low. I finally built up the courage to look at her again and I took her hands in mine. My knees buckled beneath me and I fell on the ground beside her, still feeling a bit shaken.

She gave me a small nod and she lips parted to speak.

“Are you angry?” She asked me hesitantly. Her hands were shaking, I knew she was scared and in that moment I also knew that she had heard what I had heard. I wasn't angry...no. I was confused. How was I supposed to feel? I couldn't feel joy, not when Alexander was free again.

Scared.

Terrified.

That's how I felt.

“I'm not angry. Not with you.” I told her. A tear slipped down her cheek and I quickly wiped it away, cupping her face and bringing her closer to me. “Listen to me. I'm not angry. I love you with my whole being and I will love our child too. I'm willing to die for you.” I whispered, staring deeply into her eyes. This was my only truth, she had to believe me in this.

“I'm not okay, Harry.” She said. I couldn't stop the tears that were falling now, I was feeling a mess myself. I placed my forehead against hers, exhaling.

“Shh, darling. I'm here for you. Always.” I told her, trying to calm her fears, but I couldn't even calm my own. She had every right to feel this way. This was getting so messed up. When we thought that everything was going for once as we wanted and our life was getting better, this happened. Our worst nightmare was coming back to haunt our dreams.

“He's free again.” She whispered what I was too scared to say out loud. She started crying and I was quick to wrap my arms around her and bring her body close to me. I wanted to comfort her, to make her feel safe.

“He won't hurt you.” I told her.

But she wasn't listening to me, she kept saying the same thing over and over again. She couldn't believe what was happening either.