xvii

[Unedited]

Fuck what you had, I'll give you what you deserve.

➳➳➳

*warning: not for the faint-hearted*

[Angel's POV]

He wasn't saying anything, since he managed to get me inside his car and drive off he didn't give me a second glance. His eyes were glued on the road, the city lights brought out their beautiful green colour and emphasised his sharp jawline and cheekbones. A small wrinkle had appeared between his brows as he kept them furrowed, his lips were pressed into a straight line as he played with his bottom lip, only one hand rested tightly on the steering wheel. I couldn't help myself from trailing my eyes down to look at his body. The muscles on his arms contracted and expanded with every move he made and the tattoos on his skin where on full display.

I didn't say anything, even though, I was about to burst. I felt so angry and frustrated, I wanted to scream at him, to hit him, to tell him to take me back, but I did none of that. I held myself together and instead I closed my mouth and crossed my arms over my chest, sinking into my seat.

I still couldn't believe the way he acted, how he hurt Daniel and how he ruined my trust. I thought I could do this with him, I thought I could give what we had a second chance. He said he was different, but he wasn't. With what he did he simply confirmed what my aunt and Daniel had told me about him. Yet, dispite that, here I was willing to go with him and listen to what he had to say to me.

Maybe he can still be saved.

I gave him one last glance and then with a sigh turned my head the other way, looking outside the window. We weren't going to the hotel he used to stay at, we were in the opposite side of the city. The car soon came to a stop as he found an empty spot and parked his car outside a large apartment building.

“We're here.” He said and opened the door, getting out of the car. He was about to come and open my door too, but I got out before he could reach his hand out. As I stepped out our bodies touched slightly and I held my breath, taking a few steps away from him. His eyes watched me carefully, if he was bothered by what I did, then he didn't show it.

I quickly looked around me, avoiding his stare. The neighbourhood was dark and empty, it didn't look like a place where a person with Harry's money would choose to live.

A sound from behind me caused me to turned around again. Harry had shut the doors and then locked the car. Our eyes met and he motioned for me, with his head, to follow him, so I did.

I was walking behind him, slowly, keeping my eyes on his broad back as he guided me to his apartment which was on the second floor. The building from inside looked quite old and unmaintained, the colour on the walls was peeling off, the corridors were empty and dirty. I couldn't understand why he had chosen to live in a place like this, but I didn't ask him. I wasn't here for that, we had other things to talk about.

Harry opened the door to his apartment and walked in, turning on the lights and then stepping to the side so that I could get in. I lifted my gaze up as I did that and once I was completely inside he closed the door behind me with a loud thud, which made me jump slightly. The inside of his apartment was nothing like the suite he had in the hotel, it was simple, but not as bad as I expected. It looked clean and neat and it smelled just like him. It had a small living room with not much furniture and I could also see three other doors, which probably led to the bedroom, the bathroom and the kitchen. It was enough for him.