xiii

[Unedited.]

I'm slipping into the deep end and I can't catch my breath.❞

➳➳➳

[Earlier that day]

Perfect.

Everything was going perfect for Daniel until the moment the news about Harry's appearance in New York reached his ears. He was here and he was pretty much alive, judging from the pictures of him that had surfaced on the internet. But those pictures weren't what had enranged him, no. It was the fact that he had gone to find Angelina and also the fact that she hadn't kept her promise and had gone back to see him. The pictures in front of him proved that.

Those pictures took his breath away, they caused him to feel something... fear. He never thought he would feel that, he thought he had everything planned out, no one would find out about him and what he really did. He was doing a good job by fooling everyone, especially Angelina. Her memory would never come back, the doctor had said that to her aunt and him, but Angelina still thought that there was a chance for her.

Daniel sat down on his desk, taking a sip from the brown liquor he had in his glass. He was never one to drink, the alcohol burned his throat, but he desperately needed a drink after what he had discovered.

He clenched his fist and slamed it on top of the desk, on the magazine that showed Harry's face. The anger inside him was increasing the more he looked at the image. He thought that Harry was going to die. That night, when he took Angelina with him he remembers seeing Harry in a terrible condition. He was underneath the ruins, blood everywhere, there was no possible way that he could survive that... But he did. He had heard that he was in a coma, then the media stopped talking about him and Daniel stopped worrying, he thought that it was over. He had won the girl.

He was wrong.

Harry was now back and ready to take Angelina with him so he had to be careful. Harry hadn't learnt about him and Angelina yet, if he had he would have found him by now, so that was a good thing. He had time to think and plan his next move, he wanted everything to be like he wanted. The girl by his side and the enemy under the ground. He wanted Harry dead.

Suddenly his phone started ringing, snapping him out of his thoughts and Daniel frowned as he looked down at it. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment, so he tried to ignore it but the person wasn't going to give up just yet. The ear piercing sound got annoying and with a groan he finally decided to answer it.

"Hello." He said, voice laced with anger. He heard someone's heavy breathing from the other line and his eyes narrowed as he waited for the other person to speak.

"Daniel, I finally found you." The other man exclaimed, causing Daniel's brown eyes to widen in shock. He knew that voice way too well. Who did he find him?

"Alexander?" He asked in disbelief, the other man laughed.

"You sound shocked, old friend. Did you think that I wouldn't find you? I still have my connections you know." Alexander said. Daniel tightened his grip around the glass he was holding and bit his tongue, trying not to say something that he would later regret.