xxviii

[Unedited]

Pain is only relevant if it still hurts.

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

My heart was beating fast at the sound of his voice. I had almost forgotten the sound of it, but hearing him now it only made me realize that he was still alive and searching for me. I hoped that he had given up on his obsession, I hadn't heard of him for a long time. My lips parted and my hand started shaking slightly as an unexplainable fear took over my body. His laugh reached my ear and I shivered.

“How did you find this number?” I asked him, trying to keep my voice for cracking.  He chuckled darkly.

I'm coming for you my love. We shall reunite soon.” He told me, ignoring my question. My hand started shaking uncontrollably and angry tears filled my eyes.

“No.” I said through gritted teeth. I knew that I probably should had closed the phone to him, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Harry came in front of me with a frown on his face and touched my thigh, giving it a light squeeze. “Who's on the phone?” He asked me with concern, he had noticed my sudden change of mood.

“I will take everything you love from you and when you have nothing left, you will have no choice but to love me, Angelina.” I pressed my lips together, my hand going instinctively to my belly as the tears starting falling freely down my cheeks.

“Angelina!” Harry called my name shaking me and made a move to grab the phone from me, but I only tightened my grip on it. I couldn't let go.

“We will create our own family. That bastard you have in your belly shall never be born.” His voice was shaking as he spoke, like he was trying hard to control his emotions. My heart dropped as I realised that he had been following us this whole time. He knew everything, he knew where we lived, he knew about my baby. He knew everything.

“You're a monster.” I cried. This time Harry managed to take the phone away from me and looked down at it. I buried my face in the sheets to muffle my cries. I could hear him yelling over the phone but I didn't look up at him, my whole body was trembling with fear. It was like all my nightmares had suddenly come true and my worried had been confirmed. Daniel was never going to leave us alone.

“Angelina, look at me.” Harry said, raising his voice as he grabbed me by the shoulders and forced me closer to him. His hands trailed up and cupped my head, tilting my head up to look at me. His face was alarmed and his emerald eyes were looking at me intently as if searching for answers. He wiped away my tears with his thumbs. “Who was on the phone?” It was a demand. He wanted to know.

I parted my lips to speak, but I couldn't bring myself to say his name. So instead I sobbed and buried myself in his arms, pressing my head on his firm chest. I needed to feel his presence near me, to have his arms around me. I needed to feel protected and safe. He was all I knew, all I had. The possibility of losing him scared me to death.