vii

[Unedited]

You're so cold, without the love there is nothing left of what we were.❞

➳➳➳

[Harry's POV]

“I don't understand.” I exclaimed, pacing around the room.

Louis was sitting on the couch opposite me, staring down at the floor with a questioning look on his face as he tried to process everything I told him. It wasn't easy to tell him, because I couldn't even explain what had happened last night.

“So, she acted like she didn't know you?” Louis questioned and I nodded my head, running my fingers through my hair.

“Yes.”

“But why would she do that? Did you speak to her?”

“Yes.”

“And she still acted that way?” He asked again, raising his eyebrows at me.

“I said fûcking yes.” I yelled, throwing my hands in the air. Louis stood up, shaking his head as he directed his eyes on me.

“It doesn't make any sense. I think there is more to it.” He told me.

I stopped moving. What else could there be? It was clear to me that she was trying to avoid me and acted the whole night like she didn't know me.

She had changed so much, she wasn't like the girl I met a year ago. She looked so strong and independent, she moved with grace and acted like those rich, proper people. Her eyes, though, they were the same, they had that fire in them surrounded by sadness. She was still that lost, sad girl I met.

I couldn't sleep last night, the only thing I did was replay in my head the moment I finally saw her. The way she looked at me like she didn't know who the hell I was, she crashed my heart.

She was scared of me, I could see it in her eyes. When I tried to approach her or touch her she would flinch and that drove me crazy. Maybe I shouldn't have acted the way I did, I should have been more calm and not lose control like I did because that only pushed her away from me. I regret yelling at her, but I don't regret kissing her. I wanted to do that, I was seeking for the comfort her kiss could give me. I'm not sorry for that.

She is the one that should apologise for leaving me without giving me a good damn reason. I would do anything for her, but not it is clear to me that she wouldn't.

I leaned back on the wall behind me for support and folded my arms over my chest as Louis watched me. He was waiting for my reply, but I didn't have one. What else could it be? There was nothing more to it, unless...

I don't know you. I can't remember you.

I can't remember you.

Those were the words she had said to me with tears streaming down her cheeks. She had cried as she whispered them, she was in pain too. But why would she say that? What did she mean by that?

I frowned and my eyes caught Louis' curious ones.

“She said something to me.” I told him.

“What?”

“She said she didn't know me, because she couldn't remember.” I confessed. Louis' eyes widened and he rushed towards my direction.

“Harry, fûck! Don't you see?” He asked, raising his voice. He grabbed my shoulders and shook me a bit, pressing his lips into a thin line.