viii

[Unedited]

Your eyes stole all my words away.❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

I walked towards my aunt's office, holding securely in my arms some files and papers. It was my first day working here and taking matters in my hands and I already had a lot of questions. My high heels were clicking against the floor with each step I took and I blew out of my face a piece of hair that had fallen out of my ponytail.

I wished Daniel had come to work today to help me out, but he said he had something important to take care of, so he took the day off. He was acting kind of weird since I spoke to him last night and told him about Harry, but I didn't push him. That subject wasn't something he wanted to discuss and I had to respect that, though, I decided to get my own answers.

I shook my get to get rid of those thoughts and looked ahead of me, extending my hand to grab the doorknob and enter inside my aunt's office.

"Mrs. Starr is in a meeting." I heard someone say, causing my hand to freeze. I looked with surprise at the woman behind the tall desk and took a step backways. She was aunt's secretary. How did I not see her standing there?

"Do you know when she will finish?" I asked her politely.

"I'm sorry miss, but she didn't inform me. Do you want me to give those files to her?" She offered and I looked down at the files I was holding, shaking my head slowly.

"No, it's fine. I'll come back later, thank you." I told her and started walking away.

I reached the elevator and pressed the button, waiting for the door to finally open.

At the same time that I was about to step in I heard my aunt's voice and the her office's door slamming closed. Maybe her meeting finished. I bit my lip and glanced behind me, thinking if I should go back, but eventually decided against it and stepped into the elevator. I would read the papers again and try to understand by myself.

The doors were slowly closing when suddenly someone spoke, causing me to flinch in surprise.

"Hold the door, please." A man said, loud enough for me to hear and my eyes widened as I tried to hold the files with my one arm and press random buttons with the other, trying to keep the door open.

To the man's luck, the doors opened again and I took a step to the side, fixing my skirt a bit, as the man stepped inside. Immediately the smell of expensive, men's cologne filled my nostrils and I inhaled it through my nose slowly, letting my eyes trail up the man's body. He was dressed in a black suit, along with a black shirt which first button's were undone, no tie.

"Thank you."

I was about to look at his face, only to stop when his thick, British accent reached my ears once again. This time it was clearer. I recognised that voice, it was the voice that did things to my body. My heart started beating fast, so fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest. My lips parted as I exhaled and I let my eyes meet his face.

Harry Styles.

He was staring right back at me. His eyes were resembling the same shock as mine and he lifted his hand towards my direction.

"Angelina." He said my name in a low tone, as if he was scared I might ran away from him again, which I should. But my body didn't want to, it liked the way my name sounded coming from his lips. I couldn't trust myself near him, especially when I made the mistake to glance at his lips, the same lips that had kissed me last night and I couldn't stop thinking about, so I took a step back.