xxvii

[Unedited]

No one can lay a hand on our dreams.❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

Harry and I went to our first ultrasound anxious and excited. I was nervous since I didn't know what to expect, all this was so knew to me. Mostly, I was anticipating getting to see our little baby and hear her or his heartbeat, just like they did in the movies. Those scenes always brought tears in my eyes and now I was going to live that.

"Are you scared?" Harry asked me, looking around the room nervously. He was sitting on a chair next to me and he was holding my hand tightly in his. I giggled slightly, shaking my head. Actually he was the one that was looking terrified, his green eyes were all over the place and he was tapping his foot rapidly onto the wooden floor.

"No, are you?" I asked him, raising one eyebrow at him.

"No." He replied casually, but I could see that he was lying so I kept eye contact with him until he finally sighed. "Fine, I'm scared okay? I want everything to be great, but our lives have always been so complicated that this actually scares me." He confessed.

I smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

"I love you, Harry."

Just then the door opened and an old lady walked in, dressed in a white coat. "Afternoon, I'm doctor Janet Jones." She looked down at the paper in her hands and then back at me. "Are you Angelina?" She asked.

That's why I'm the only one on the table. "Yes." I replied.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty one."

"This says that you are ten weeks along. Please lay back." She said and washed her hands before back to me. I gave her a small nod. Using her hands she felt the shape and size of my now growing belly, before proceeding to do some other examinations, making sure to write down everything. Harry remained silent during the whole time and when she turned her back on us he brought his face close to me.

"She doesn't seem very friendly." He whispered like a small kid would do and I held in a laugh. Maybe she wasn't all smiley and fun, but according to the research I had done she was a great doctor.

"I assume that this is your first ultrasound. You seem a bit nervous, I see. Are you the father?" She asked, looking at Harry. He cleared his throat and straightened his posture.

"Yes, that's me." He replied.

She looked back at her screen typing in some information and smiled for the first time since she stepped into this room. "Well, that is going to be one beautiful baby." She said. Harry moved in his uncomfortably and gave me a weird look while I tried to stay calm and ignore the fact that my doctor was hitting on my boyfriend.

After a minute she turned the screen around so that me and Harry had a good view of it and applied some gel on my belly. Then she pressed the probe on it and started moving it around, until an image popped up on the small screen and I felt my heartbeat increase.

"That is your baby's head." She told us, showing us a circle. "I'm going to take a lot of measurements to make sure the baby is growing right."

I nodded speechless as I watched the screen. Harry kissed my head as he leaned forwards.

"Let's check for the baby's heartbeat." She said and applied some more gel before repeating the same action again. Soon the sound of a fast heart beating filled the room. Tears sprang to my eyes as I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time, and I tilted my head up to look at Harry who seemed to be as emotional as I was at this point. This was going to be good.