iii || house of watches

Mara sat in her room. Patricia on her bed, her headphones on. Mara pulled the package out of her bag, she looked at it for a minute, confusion spreading over her face. She then tore into the package, inside finding a golden watch, and a piece of paper with a whole load of hieroglyphics on it.

"What?" She questioned, speaking to herself quietly.

She picked up the watch looking at it, an even more confused expression spread over her face, as she tossed it in her hands.

"Um... Patricia?" She asked walking over to her, with the watch in her hand.

"Sup?" Patricia asked, turning round and taking one side of the headphones off her ear.

"Err... You know that package that I got yesterday...?" She asked.

"Yeah, why? Is it something interesting?" Questioned Patricia.

"It's, Uh... This" Mara spoke, holding up the golden watch.

"Woah!" Exclaimed Patricia, sitting up, and taking her headphones off completely, "That must be worth like loads!"

"Who are you? Jerome?" She laughed, "Obsessed with making money."

"Don't compare me to Jerome!" Patricia said sternly, slightly laughing.

"Anyway... Something tells me, I wasn't given this to sell it." Mara spoke more seriously, "This came with it," She held up the hieroglyphics sheet.

"Wooh, Deja vu," Patricia said, with a worried expression on her face, before taking the sheet of paper off of Mara and examining it.

"Wha- What do you mean?" Mara asked, confused.

"Erm... A year ago, you might remember a man called Robert, or some sort of big evil?" Patricia explained in a questioning tone.

"Not really, I don't think, but go on," Mara encouraged.

"Well there was this massive evil was created by a man, Robert Frobisher-Smythe-"

"Wait. The guy in the picture in the living room of Anubis?" Mara questioned, interrupting Patricia.

"Um yeah..." Patricia answered uncomfortably.

"He's dead, surely...?" Mara asked, confused.

"Well, kinda. He was staying alive by being in a tank-"

"Wait!" Mara cut Patricia off again.

"What?" Patricia asked.

"Eddie mentioned that in History, he asked our teacher if she knew about men being kept alive like that," Mara explained briefly.

"What!?" Patricia almost shouted, "Why would he?"

"I... I have no clue..." Mara stuttered.

"Ugh!" Patricia grunted.

"So how does this deja vu-y stuff tie in?" Mara asked.

"Oh, right, well, Victor, Sweetie and Denby awoke Frobisher by using an ancient gold bracelet, and a piece of paper with hieroglyphics on it," Patricia explained.

"Woah. How did I not know about this?" Mara asked, shocked.

"Slipped my mind..." Patricia suggested.

"Whatever," Mara rolled her eyes, "Anyway, this is a watch, not a bracelet."

"Whats the difference?" Patricia questioned.

"Well..." Mara laughed.

****

"Sounds like fun..." Jerome smiled, sitting on his bed, his phone to his ear.