xxvii || house of traps

[Quite a short chapter... Sorry. Long A/N at the bottom though. Fun, fun, fun]

"Why ever would you want to get out of a history day, Mr. Rutter?" Mrs. Miller spoke, walking over to them. Fabian gulped.

"I... Um..." Fabian stuttered.

"I want an answer!" Mrs. Miller demanded, "Why do you and your friends want to get out of the history day?"

"Stop interrogating him," Eddie stepped in.

"I am not interrogating him, Edison, I'm simply asking him a question," Mrs. Miller told him.

"Well don't!" Eddie snapped, he was sick of keeping up the act that he was talking to a teacher.

"What makes you think you can talk to me like that?" Mrs. Miller spat, drawing her face closer to Eddie's.

Eddie paused for a second to think, and then, through gritted teeth, he sternly spoke, "Because you're my mom!" He didn't care that he was revealing the she was his mom, he didn't even care that both his parents were teaching at his school, and he most certainly didn't care about keeping his mom's identity a secret for her sake.

Everyone, but Patricia, looked to him, their jaws dropped in shock. His mom however, was glaring at him. She didn't even respond, just stood up and walked away.

"Mrs. Smith is you mum?" Fabian questioned.

"Mrs. Miller," Eddie corrected, "And yes."

"Wow, both your parents teach at your school," Joy mumbled, she felt sorry for Eddie, but was trying really hard to fight her laughter.

"Let's go to next lessons, then go find Charlie," Eddie instructed, changing the subject. He then stood up from his seat in the student lounge.

****

"Good afternoon, class," Miss Chase spoke, looking to the students, "Now, I would like all of you to please fill in this work sheet," She spoke, bringing round a biology worksheet and handing one to each student, "Now, Fabian Rutter, Edison Miller and Mara Jaffray, can I please speak to you outside of my classroom?"

All three of them shared a look, before reluctantly standing up and following Miss Chase out of the room.

"Is everything okay, Miss?" Mara asked.

"Cut the chit-chat," She stated, "Now, you have something of mine, I'm not sure which one of you, but one of you it is."

All three of them shared another look, a slightly nervous, scared look.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Miss," Eddie lied.

"My watch," Miss Chase stated, "Which one of you has my watch?"

"What watch?" Fabian shrugged, as if he was oblivious to what was going on.

"You know exactly 'what watch', Mr. Rutter, now hand it over," She stuck her hand out towards Fabian.

"It isn't your watch," Mara spoke sternly, glaring at Miss Chase.

Miss Chase drew her eyes from Fabian to Mara, "It was at the gatehouse and now it is not, that is theft, is it not?" She asked.