xxv || house of chasm

"Shh," Fabian whispered, looking over to Mara, who stood behind him.

"Let's do this," Mara whispered.

Fabian and Mara then both crept into Nina and Lavender's room. Mara picked up Nina's clock and set an alarm for 5:50am, before slowly and quietly placing it back down on her bed-side table. While Mara was fiddling with Nina's clock; Fabian laid a note down on the floor, where either Nina or Lavender would see it.

The note read; 'At 6am exactly go down to the kitchen, open the bread oven, leave it open, then leave, do not ask any questions now or later. Vincent.'

Sibuna needed to get down to the cellar and the only way they could think of without having to steal a key, was tricking Nina into using her locket to go down there.

Both Mara and Fabian then quietly exited Nina and Lavender's room, then headed back to their own.

****

Confused and tired, Nina sat up slightly from her bed when hearing her alarm. She then turned it off and looked to the time on the clock, it read 5:50. Nina then gazed around her room, looking for a reason to which her alarm was set for such an early time. Hey eyes then locked on a folded piece of paper that lay on the floor.

Slowly she rose from her bed and walked over to the paper then picked it up. She then scanned her eyes over the note, reading it.

****

"Time," Patricia demanded, as her and the rest of Sibuna sat in the laundry room waiting for Nina to open the bread oven.

Mara and Joy were both carrying the plated rope; they were going to try it out over the chasm. They had done several tests with it, and it proved to be strong enough.

"5:57," Fabian told her, after looking at his watch.

"She better actually come," Patricia spoke, "Was the note visible enough?"

"Yes, Patricia," Fabian told her, his voice sounded tired, but also a little annoyed.

"Let's just hope that she actually found it th-" Patricia continued to speak, before being cut off.

"Shh!" Joy hissed, "I can hear Nina," She added in a whisper.

They all then dropped silent and listened. Nina's footsteps could be heard in the kitchen, she then crouched down to the bread oven and used her locket to open it. After that, she half closed it before heading back up to her room. She was confused to why Vincent requested this, but nevertheless, she obeyed his demands.

"Okay, she's gone," Eddie informed the others, while looking through the crack of the door to the laundry room.

All of Sibuna then crept out of the room and crawled through the bread oven, taking the super long plated rope through with them.

****

"Okay..." Fabian breathed out, they were all stood by the chasm.

"Seems much scarier now were here," Charlie lightly chuckled.

"Yeah," Eddie agreed in a whisper, nodding, "So... Who goes first?"

Everyone stood there in silence. It was obvious that none of them wanted to volunteer.

"Okay," Mara huffed, "I'll do it."

"Are you sure, Mara," Fabian looked to her.

"Well it's either I do it, or we stand here in silence for the rest of eternity," Mara spoke realistically.

"Okay," Fabian nodded.

Everyone in Sibuna then secured Mara to the rope, making sure that she was harnessed safely. After a few minutes of making sure that she was safe - she was ready.