xxi || house of sepulchre

"What did you need to tell us, Patricia?" Fabian asked, as him and the rest of Sibuna sat in the living room.

Patricia then proceeded to explain the room to Sibuna, asking them if it rang any bells.

"Sounds familiar..." Mara mumbled, "Why do you need to know?"

"Mr. Sweet has asked me, Joy and Jerome to decorate a room to look exactly like my description," Patricia told them.

"Strange..." Fabian mumbled, "Do the decorating, be careful, and let us know of anything you find out."

"Okay," Patricia nodded.

"So, what else do we tell Nina?" Mara asked, changing the subject.

"Not sure, how are you doing on planning the lie?" Patricia asked.

"I have nothing," Mara huffed, "I'm not good with all this mystery stuff. How come you guys, the ones who have lived through many mysteries, put me and Charlie, the ones who haven't, in charge of making up a mystery."

"Um..." Eddie hesitated.

"Look, it doesn't matter what we tell her, it just needs to divert her from the truth," Fabian stepped in.

"Divert me from the truth?" Nina asked, appearing at the door frame.

"Uh-Oh," Patricia muttered under her breath.

"What did you mean?" Nina growled, walking into the room.

"Time to tell her?" Mara asked, looking to the others.

"Tell me what?" Nina hissed.

"Nina," Fabian said softly, "We know that you created that website and are for some reason working against us."

"Oh... That..." Nina mumbled.

"Now for the follow up question," Patricia stated, "Why?"

"I don't need to tell you people anything," Nina hissed, a sudden change of tone in her voice.

"So... You are not actually dying?" Eddie stepped in.

"No, Eddie, I don't need your stupid Osirian body to live," Nina owned up in a snappy tone.

"You're working with Vincent?" Patricia asked.

"Well done, Patricia" Nina clapped, "Yes, I am working with Vincent, I get rewards from working with him. With Sibuna I got nothing."

"Except the satisfaction of knowing that you have saved loads of life," Fabian muttered under his breath.

Nina heard Fabian's comment, but chose to ignore it. She then walked out of the living room and up to Vincent's office.

"So Nina is... Bad...? Maybe even evil...?" Eddie confirmed.

"She's Nina, Nina Martin, she would not be bad or evil by choice," Fabian spoke.

"Guess we have to find out what is going on then?" Patricia asked.

"I'm actually going to look over the riddle for my watch some more, see if I can make any sense of it," Mara told them.

"Okay, I'll help you," Eddie spoke, "Fabian, Patricia, Charlie, you need to find out what Nina wants to do."

"Okay," They all nodded in agreement, before Fabian, Patricia and Charlie headed upstairs to spy and Mara and Eddie went to Eddie's room.

****

"Be careful please, Jerome!" Mr. Sweet spoke, as him, Jerome and Joy were moving planks of wood to the small house that Mr. Sweet wanted decorated