xii || house of trouble

"It was very quiet in this house last night," Fleur said, as she served breakfast, Patricia, Fabian, Eddie, Mara and Jerome all falling silent. "Where were you all?" She demanded, looking towards the people who weren't in the house last night.

No-one said anything, just remained as they were, eating.

"I want answers!" She raised her voice.

"I've got to get to school," Patricia stated, standing up.

"Same," The others agreed, also standing up.

"Wait!" Fleur stopped them.

"Sorry, Fleur," Eddie apologised, "But we have a really important history test to get to."

"Fine, go," Fleur said reluctantly, "But after school, I want answers" She shouted after them.

****

"Patricia!" Mara called, running up Patricia.

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me. What do you want?" Patricia asked.

"It was late. I didn't know what I was doing. I was mad at Fabian, and..." Mara began to panic.

"Mara, what are you talking about?" Patricia questioned halting Mara's rambling.

"I kissed Jerome..." She breathed out.

"You what?!" Patricia shouted.

"Shh..." Mara whispered.

"What? How? Why? When? Where?" Patricia flooded out questions.

"It happened last night..." Mara began, "I was looking for the watch alone, then I spotted Jerome heading to the airport-"

"Why was he heading to the airport?" Patricia cut her off.

"He wanted to travel to America to surprise Joy," Mara told her, "So anyway, I offered to walk with him to the airport, so I did, then once we got there, it just kind of happened..."

"Kind of happened?" Patricia questioned.

"Yeah," Mara muttered.

****

"You still need to show me that website, Eddie," Fabian told him.

"Chill, Dude," Eddie replied calmly.

"How can I chill?" Fabian asked, "Nina's life is resting on this website."

"I know, and I will show you after classes," Eddie told him.

"Fine..." Fabian breathed out.

****

"Guessing you got caught for you fake ticket then," Charlie laughed, as him and Jerome walked over to the College.

"Yeah, something like that," Jerome murmured in reply.

"What does that mean?" Charlie questioned.

"Yeah. Yeah I did get caught for fraud," Jerome lied, hiding the truth.

****

"So you aren't still with Fabian then?" Patricia queried.

"Yeah... I am..." Mara hesitated in response responded.

"Does he know?" Patricia asked.

"No," Mara replied, feeling guilty.

"You are exactly like Jerome," Patricia stated.

"What do you mean?" Mara asked.

"Last year, he went behind your back with Willow and didn't tell you. This year you are going behind Fabian's back with him."