xxxvii || house of invites

Sibuna sat in the student lounge at lunch time, they were discussing the Ankh Cross and Jasper's text which came through to Fabian.

"We need to go back down the chasm," Joy stated, "See if we can identify the different parts."

Fabian nodded, "I agree."

"After school?" Eddie asked.

"No," Fabian shook his head, "Let's just ditch."

****

Fabian, Eddie and Patricia stood at the bottom of the chasm, waiting for Joy to come down. Finally, she reached the bottom of the rope, jumping the last meter.

"You good?" Fabian asked her.

"Yeah," Joy nodded, "Now, let's examine this cross," she walked over to the cross, the other's followed. She then inputted the digits 5772 into the lock. 

"What's this?" Fabian asked, running his fingers across the riddle that sat at the bottom of the cross.

"Seek my base? You know where to look, all the answers are in a book," Eddie read out.

"Base?" Patricia questioned, "As in a hideaway?"

"No," Eddie stated, as he pointed out the other 3 riddles that were on the cross, "The base of the cross."

"These riddles weren't here when we last saw the cross," Joy stated, "Do you think someone's been down here?"

All of them shared a slightly scared, nervous look, "Which one of them?" Fabian asked, "Nina, Lavender, or Vincent?"

"Or all?" Eddie asked.

"We need to find out," Patricia stated, "That and what these riddles mean. Fabian, picture!"

"Please would be nice," Fabian rolled his eyes, as he took out his phone and took a picture of the cross.

****

Vincent was pacing around his room, while on the phone, "Have you got everything set for tomorrow."

"Yes, Vincent," The voice on the phone replied, it was Mrs. Miller.

"Remember, the students must believe it. Is it believable?"

"Yes, Vincent," Mrs. Miller responded, before hanging up.

Vincent, then began to walk down stairs, when he noticed the cellar door open, the padlock was unlocked. He then heard voices getting louder, so hid behind the bannister and peeked down to see who it was.

Fabian, Eddie, Patricia and Joy all walked up from the cellar. Eddie then used a coat hanger to re-lock the padlock, while the rest of them stayed on the look out.

"Okay," Eddie stated, after locking the cellar back up, "Let's find out what these riddles mean."

Vincent quickly recomposed himself, before walking down the stairs, "I'm going over to the school, Fleur," he called out.

Quickly, everyone rushed into Eddie and Fabian's room, in an attempt to hide from Vincent.

"Why's he going over to the school?" Fabian asked.

"Does it matter?" Eddie shrugged, "Now we can search his office; see if we can find anything to tell us if he was down the chasm."

****

Vincent stormed into the school, then immediately walked up to Mr. Sweet door and burst in, "I need to talk to you," he stated.

"Vincent, can you knock, please?" Mr. Sweet stated, placing a student's file down on the table.