xxxv || house of advancing

Fabian, Eddie, Patricia, Joy and Mara all walked back into the history classroom after facing Mrs. Miller and Miss Chase and failing to stop them both. Joy was planning to confront Jerome, but couldn't. The scene that greeted the 5 of them wasn't that they expected. They expected to see the same scene that they left, but instead, the tables were laid out in rows and everyone sat there with paper in front of them. There were 5 empty seats dispersed across the room.

"Where have you 5 been?" Mr. Hevery rose his tone, as he saw them enter.

"We- Uh, Well..." Fabian struggled to think of an excuse on the spot.

"We were about to start the test without you. Now, just take a seat and we will discuss this after the test!"

All 5 of them quickly moved to a seat and sat in it. Before them, on the desk, were several pieces of lined paper and a question sheet with 3 questions on it. Each of the questions were worth 20 marks, making the entire paper worth 60 marks.

Nervously, Joy tapped her pen against the table, she'd read over the questions, but didn't know the answers. Subtly, she looked round the room at Sibuna, looking for help. No-one, however, caught her eye contact. Fabian and Mara were both scribbling answers down, Eddie looked to be lazily jotting something down and Patricia looked to be reading the questions.

****

Jasper walked up to the door of Anubis House, then gently knocked on it. Joy had told him to meet both her and Fabian at the house, after school hours on the 12th.

A few second after he knocked, Fleur answered the door.

"Good afternoon," Jaspar smiled, "I'm here to see Fabian Rutter and Joy Mercer."

"And you are?" Fleur asked.

"I'm Jasper Choudhary, Fabian's Godfather," Jasper answered.

"Right," Fleur nodded, "Well come in, they aren't home yet, as school has over-run with a test."

****

Vincent walked into the living room to see Fleur and Jasper sat on the sofa, both of them had mugs of tea.

"Uh, who's this, Fleur?" he asked.

"This is Fabian Rutter's Godfather," Fleur told him.

Jasper looked at him, confused. He expected to be recognised by Victor, "Victor? Aren't you Victor?"

"You're referring to my brother," Vincent told him, before walking into the kitchen and looking around it, "Are none of the students back yet, Fleur?"

"Not yet, no. The history test her-ran due to 5 of the students running away, then being late back," she told him.

"I bet I know which 5," Vincent muttered under his breath, so neither Fleur nor Jasper would hear him. He then walked into the hall, unlocked the door to the cellar, then walked the dusty stairs.

****

"Right, time is up," Mr. Hevery announced after an hour and a half, "Pens and pencils down please."

Everyone placed down their pens and pencils, Mr. Hevery collected the papers, then dismissed everyone, but Fabian, Eddie, Patricia, Joy and Mara.

"So," Mr. Hevery began, after only the 5 he asked to stay behind remained, "Where were you all? I'm assuming together?"

"We were all with Mrs. Miller and Miss Chase, we were helping them outside and I'm sure they'll happily tell you that," Joy told him, she received a glare from the rest of them. Since she knew nothing on the test, she had spent most the time devising a plan.