viii || house of lies

"A golden watch?" Asked Vincent, "This is bad..."

****

Patricia sat at the bottom of the stairs at 11:59, waiting for Charlie.

"Hi," Charlie greeted, as he walked up to Patricia at 12:00, in his hand was the locket and a torch.

"You ready?" Patricia asked impatiently.

"Where are we going?" Questioned Charlie, watching Patricia quietly open the front door.

"Follow me and find out. Or don't," Patricia snapped.

"Okay..." Charlie murmured, following Patricia as she lead him out the house, after opening the door.

****

Mara was alone in the school, all of the classrooms were empty, no tables or anything. She ran, confused down the corridors, when suddenly she saw a figure approach her, they didn't look human. The figure cornered her. Mara was breathing heavily, as she sunk to the ground. The figure then fiercely whisper 'Free me or sacrifice yourself!'

Mara woke up screaming, and breathing heavily.

"Patricia?" She questioned, very tense, looking over to Patricia's bed to see that it empty.

Fabian and Eddie then immediately rushed into her room after hearing her scream.

"Are you okay?" Fabian asked concerned, sitting on Mara's bed.

"No," Mara muttered, shaking her head.

"What happened?" Fabian asked comfortingly.

"I had a dream... Well more like a nightmare to be honest," Mara told him, still shaken up.

"Uh-Oh," Fabian muttered to himself, "What happened in it?"

Mara then proceeded explained everything that happened in her dream, every small detail.

****

"What's wrong with Mara having that watch?" Nina asked, "Do you know what it does?"

"You need to promise me that you won't let Mara decipher those hieroglyphics," Vincent told her, worried.

"Why?" Nina questioned.

"Just do it! And get me that watch!" Vincent demanding, shouting.

"Okay, okay," Nina nodded weakly.

****

"This isn't good," Eddie stated, as he paced around the room.

"Why not?" Mara asked, "Is that going to happen is real life?" She panicked.

"Lets hope not," Eddie murmured under his breath.

"Maybe I just got scared about someone touching it, so dreamt about it?" Mara suggested.

"I hate to say it," Fabian started, "But that probably wasn't just a dream,"

"Yeah," Eddie nodded, "This isn't exactly new to us."

"What do you mean?" Mara questioned, fiddling with her fingers.

"Both Nina and Eddie, and Me and Amber at one point had a dream that turned into reality," Fabian explained briefly.

"Oh no, no, no," Mara panicked.

"Don't worry," Fabian spoke comfortingly, we won't let anything happen to you or the watch.

****

"And here we are," Patricia said, looking over to Charlie.

"Great," He replied, "But where exactly is 'here'?" He asked, looking left and right.