xxviii || house of disruptions

Joy sat in the cinema with Jerome, she then suddenly felt her phone vibrate in her hand, so flipped it over to see that Fabian was calling her. She knew that he wouldn't call her unless it was urgent, so quickly told Jerome that she was going to the toilet, then ran out of the cinema and answered Fabian's call.

"Hey, Fabian."

"Joy, thank God," Fabian breathed out, "You need to help us," He then followed up.

"Why? What's happened?" Joy began to panic.

"Someone set traps in the forest, now all 4 of us are... yeah - trapped," Fabian explained.

Joy glanced her eyes towards the cinema, thinking about Jerome. She paused and thought for a moment. She shared a regretful, guilty and saddened smile with herself, before answering, "I'll be there in 5," She mumbled, before hanging up the phone, then shoving it into her pocket. She then sprinted off.

****

"Looks good," Mrs. Miller, spoke, looking around the Release Room and examining every small detail.

Miss Chase ran her hand across the frame of the gong, "It's perfect," She whispered, "Who'd have know kids could make it perfect."

"Now all that's left to do is get our hands on the watch," Mrs. Miller dropped the mood a little, "Did you have any luck with Edison, Rutter and Jaffray?"

"They told me that Vincent confiscated it from them. I don't know whether to believe them or not, but regardless, I will visit the old hag anyway," Miss Chase explained to her.

"We have 5 days, that gives us enough time to get it back."

****

"Oh... My... God!" Joy covered her mouth with her hands, as she walked to the Sepulchre area to see both pairs in the nets. She covered her mouth mainly from shock, but also to stop a laugh from escaping her mouth.

"I should have told you to bring a knife or something," Fabian mumbled, realising his mistake.

"I'll go grab one from the house," Joy began to run off, "I'll be right back."

"Great," Patricia spoke sarcastically, as she watched Joy run off, "Even more time I have to spend here stuck with you," She laughed, turning to face Eddie.

Eddie laughed, before joining in, "And you think that I'm happy about this?"

"Why wouldn't you be?" Patricia smirked.

****

Joy sprinted up to Anubis House, then swung the door open and ran into the kitchen. She stopped dead in her tracks after seeing Fleur, Nina and Lavender all decorating a Christmas tree. Reality then hit her; it was 18 days until Christmas.

"Joy, finally someone else is home," Fleur smiled over to her, "Come and help decorate the tree. We need some help here."

"Uh..." Joy muttered, as she stepped back to the cutlery draw and opened it slowly and discretely, "I can't help, sorry, Fleur."

"Nonsense," Fleur spoke, "Everyone likes decorating Christmas trees. Now come and help."

Reluctantly and regretfully, Joy shut the draw and walked into the living room to help with the tree.

****

Jerome constantly looked down and checked his phone, hoping that a message from Joy would come through, but it didn't. It had been 20 minutes since she'd left him, and he'd started to get suspicious.

He then, with around half an hour still left of the movie, gathered up his coat, Joy's coat and the half eaten box of popcorn. He then awkwardly left the cinema, his hands overloaded with luggage.