xxxi || house of arguments

Joy pushed open the door, to reveal that there wasn't a room through it, or even a space. Instead there was just a large engraving in a wall. It looked like a spoon that was standing up right, with a line going through it.

"Wow..." Patricia muttered unenthusiastically, "Talk about anticlimactic."

"I feel like I've seen this before," Eddie brushed his hand across the engraving.

"It's the Ankh Cross," Fabian was quick to comment.

Patricia huffed, "I though we were done with the whole 'Ankh' business."

Fabian pulled out his phone, and with the last few battery percent, he took a picture of the Ankh Cross engraving, "We'll work on this later. As for now, let's head back up and sleep, because I think that I can safely say that we're all half a sleep."

"Knock that 'half' out of that sentence," Joy mumbled.

****

Sibuna had come up from the chasm, they all avoided dinner and the other Anubis residents to the best of their abilities. Instead of eating, they headed to their room, to catch up on their sleep.

Jerome, after dinner, remained at the table and scribbled down something on a piece of paper. It read, 'Joy, we need to talk, please. Jerome.' Jerome then folded the paper in half and slid it under her door.

****

In the morning, Joy sat on her bed, looking down at her laptop. Her and Mara had hardly spoken since she woke up.

"Morning," Mara looked to Patricia in the mirror, as she woke up.

Patricia grunted, as she adjusted the the morning world, "Hey."

"You practically vanished off the face of earth yesterday," Mara commented bluntly. She knew where they were, though.

"We were down the chasm figuring out the code," Patricia told her honestly.

Mara stayed looking in the mirror, but dropped eye contact with Patricia, "Did you figure out the code?" She asked.

Patricia nodded, "5772," She then walked over to her wardrobe to get out her school uniform.

"Fantastic," Mara nodded sarcastically.

Patricia turned away from her wardrobe and faced Mara, "Okay," She stated, raising the tone of her voice a little, "What's wrong?"

"Why would something be wrong?" Mara asked.

Patricia walked over to Mara's desk, "You're talking bluntly and flatly. It's not my fault that Fabian broke up with you!"

Mara glared at her, "Oh, so he's been gloating about it?"

"I told her," Joy cut in, standing up from her bed and walking over to them, "Sorry," She added.

"Well maybe you should be worried about your own relationship, instead of bitching about mine, Joy!" Mara snapped, before grabbing her phone and storming out of the room.

"Mara!" Patricia called after her in an argumentative tone.

Joy shock her head, and calmly stopped Patricia, "She's right," She nodded weakly. She then walked over to her bed and picked up the piece of paper that Jerome gave her, then handed it to Patricia.

"So, he wants to talk. So what?" Patricia shrugged, after reading the note, "Just be honest."

"Oh, yeah, Sorry that I ran away from our date, Jerome. I needed to cut open nets in which Patricia, Mara, Eddie and Fabian were stuck in." Joy sarcastically acted out what to say to Jerome.