Family Matters

I step up to the porch and knock softly before I start shuffling to fix my hair a little more. Brendon opens the door and smiles softly.

"Hey, come on in." He opens the door wide enough for me to see the dining table that's already set for three people.

"Brendon? Is he here?" A voice shouts from the kitchen.

"Yes." Brendon shouts back. He grabs my hand and squeezes it quickly before a short brunette woman walks into the room and smiles at me.

"Mom, this is Ryan. Ryan, this is my mom."

"You can call me Grace or Mrs. Urie. You make yourself at home, Ryan. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes." She smiles and shakes my hand.

"We're gonna go up to my room." Brendon tells his mom. She nods and walks back into the kitchen.

Brendon grabs my hand and pulls me to his bedroom and shuts his door quickly. Once the door shuts he pulls me in and kisses me passionately as he runs his fingers through my hair. It got heated quickly, needless to say.

"You look hot." He says between kisses.

"So do you." I say as I take a breath. "But your mom is across the hall." I pull back and smile sweetly. He groans and rolls his eyes.

"If this goes well, we can totally do this again." I kiss his cheek and he falls onto his bed.

"Oh come on. You're not mad at me, are you?"

"No. I'm just annoyed that I can't kiss you. Let me kiss you, asshole!" He says with a laugh. I plop down next to him and find his hand to hold.

"Another day." I whisper in his ear.

"You fucking tease." He whispers back.

***

"So, Ryan," Mrs. Urie starts the interrogation once we all have food on our plates. "What do you do?"

"Well I just graduated high school last year, and I'm not very close to my family so they didn't want to help pay for college, so I've been working two jobs in order to save up." I skip the minor detail of the LGBT Hotline.

"Oh, that's very responsible of you. Where do you work?" Fuck.

"Well in the mornings, I've been at a coffee shop, but I'm looking for a new job. And in the afternoon, I work at Taco Bell." She nods and takes a bite of her food.

"So Brendon's been staying over at your house, correct?"

"Yes." I nod.

"He helps me with homework a lot." Brendon speaks up. I take onto the lie and nod.

"Oh, that's good. Brendon has always struggled with homework. He's not dumb, he's just lazy." She laughs.

I giggle but I feel Brendon's foot kick me under the table.

***

"Well Ryan, it was nice meeting you." She smiles as I'm about to walk out the door

"Thank you for having me." I smile.

"Come back anytime." She says just before the door shuts. A weight is lifted from my chest and I smile to myself as I drive home.

"she likes you" Brendon texts me.

"thank god"

Suddenly I get a text from the group chat. I know it's going to lead to my phone being blown up so I just ignore it until I get home.

Tyler: "what is up people"

Brendon: "I witnessed a police interrogation"

"brendons overreacting. it wasnt that bad."

Hayley: "so how'd it go??"

Brendon: "it went really well actually. my mom likes him so im pretty much off the hook"

Hayley:"except for the fact that you guys have gAY SEX"

"WE DONT HAVE SEX HAYLEY"

Tyler: "I am a child of God"

Josh: "free of sin"

Brendon: "hayleys right in a way"

Hayley: "YOU GUYS DO HAVE SEX"

"NO"

Brendon: "NOT THE SEX PART the fact that she doesnt known that Im gay"

"dont come out unless youre ready bren"

Brendon: "I know I know"

Hayley: "ryabs right"

"ryab"

Hayley: "that was a typo but im calling you ryab from now on"

"no"

Brendon: "yes"

"BRENDON"

-A/N: hey this is pretty short but THANK YOU FOR 9K. ily and i will try to write another chapter soon. i hope you guys enjoyed and thanks for reading!