3

Michael

The door swung open, so I kept my arm tight around Luke.

"Wake him up." One guy instructed me.

I shook Luke lightly, and he stirred around, and slowly opened his eyes. He was yanked up out of my grip, and pushed to the ground.

I looked away and closed my ears. I couldn't stand to see him being hurt.

I knew if I would've stepped in, he would've gotten it worse.

Once it was silent, I looked back to see Luke laying on the ground. The guys had left. I ran over to him, and picked his body up, laying him back down on the bed.

His lip was busted, and they had hit his eye that would be bruised by tomorrow.

I took off my flannel and held it to his lip to stop the bleeding. His eyes opened, and he reached his arm up to touch my face.

"You're okay.." I whispered, and he tried to smile, but couldn't

-

When I woke up, I didn't feel Luke beside me.

I sat up, and saw Luke holding up a piece of broken glass that had been in here forever. It was here before I got here, but he was looking at his reflection.

I walked over to him and saw he was looking at his beat up face, and even with the cuts and bruises, all I could see was perfection.

"You look so beautiful." I whispered, and kissed the top of his head. He gently laid his makeshift mirror down, and leaned back on me.

He shook his head, and closed his eyes. Luke always genuinely thought he wasn't good looking. I wish he could see what I see. He's strong, brave, and beautiful. Everything I've ever wanted.