5

Michael

I got back into the room, and the sheets were changed, and Luke laid in the middle of them. He was asleep in my Def Leppard shirt.

I closed the door, and heard it lock from the outside.

I walked over to the bed, and picked up the blanket that was folded at the end of the bed. I laid beside him, and pulled the blanket over him. It was quite small, so it couldn't fit both of us, but I want him to have it. He's so skinny and cold, and they barely let him wear any clothes anyway.

I scooted closer to him, and threw an arm over his waist. I felt his body shiver as he slept. I scooted so close that his nose was pressed to my chest.

-

"I know you can't hear me because you're asleep, but maybe that's a good thing. I love you so much, and I wish I was brave enough to tell you that every single day, but here I am at three in the morning saying it for no reason.." I heard a soft voice say.

A small hand ran through my hair, and I felt a pair of lips on my cheek for a slow second.

"We might not have the best lives right now, but as long as I'm with you I'm okay." He said, and I stirred around a bit, pretending to wake up.

Maybe he'd talk to me right now if he knew I was awake.

I opened my eyes slowly, and smiled up at him. I could barely see him but he looked gorgeous as always.

"What's on your mind?" I asked, and he shook his head.

I sighed, and realized I should've kept pretending to be asleep. I want to hear his voice again.

"Talk to me, Luke. It's okay." I said, and he looked down, playing with my fingers.

"You know, I've only heard three words come out of your mouth, and I remember exactly what your voice sounds like. It's beautiful, Luke. I want you to talk to me, and tell me what's going on in that pretty head of yours because whatever it is, it's telling you to be insecure, and be shy. I wanna tell you it's wrong." I said, and he laid back down beside me, laying his head on my shoulder.

"Whenever you're ready, I'll listen. Wether it's in 3 minutes or 3 years." I said, and kissed his forehead.