11

Michael

Lately Luke's been having trouble trusting me. I can't blame him, but he's started getting unnecessarily clingy.

One time, I told him I was going to the grocery store, and when I came home he was in tears. It's starting to become a routine, and I'm kind of getting tired of it.

"Luke, baby, I've got to go to work.." I whispered once I had finished getting ready.

He turned over in the bed, and I kissed his forehead. "Do you have to?" He asked, and I nodded. "I thought you said you quit." He whispered. "Yeah. I quit on that one person, but I kind of have to go back today to pick up my last check, and that's all, I promise. I'll be back after that. It shouldn't take long." I said, and he nodded, but I could tell he was uncomfortable with it.

-

I ended up giving in, and editing one last thing for her. It took me a few hours, but I got home by 8 p.m.

Once I walked in the door, Luke didn't come running to me.

I walked into the kitchen, and saw two plates. One had grilled chicken and vegetables, and the other had a salad with steamed vegetables. Luke was laying his head on the island, asleep.

I shook him softly, and he sat up. He looked over at me, and then over at the clock.

"When did you get home?" He whispered.

"Just a few minutes ago." I said, and he frowned. "You promised you were gonna be home a lot earlier. All you had to do was pick up a check." He said, and I sighed.

"I ended up editing her last blog." I said, and he nodded, not saying anything else.

He looked down, and picked at his fingernail.

"What? You're not gonna tell me how uncomfortable it makes you, or how upset you are because you think she might be prettier than you?" I asked, and he looked confused as he shook his head.

"That's a first." I mumbled, but immediately regretted saying that. He didn't react to it, but I know I shouldn't have said it. He didn't deserve it.

"Luke I'm sorry. I know how uncomfortable it makes you. I'm done going to her though I promise." I said, and he lightly smiled.

"I'm sorry I get so jealous-" he began to whisper. I've noticed he's been more quiet with me too, as if he's going back into his shell.

"Luke, don't apologize. You have the right to be worried because I know I lost a huge part of your trust." I said, and he got up, and walked over to me.

He grabbed my hand, and led me out of the kitchen. He walked me up the stairs, and brought us to our room.

"I believe you, Michael. I still trust you, I just get insecure. I love you." He said as he crawled into bed. "I love you, too." I whispered, and kissed his forehead.