6

Michael

I looked down at Luke as he peacefully slept. It had to be past noon already, and nobody has come in today, so I was just gonna let him sleep. He doesn't get to much.

"Let's go! The cops are coming!" I heard someone yell from downstairs.

I changed my mind from letting him sleep, and shook him awake as I heard a bunch of loud noises coming from outside the door.

The door swung open as he sat up, and the two guys came and grabbed us, pulling us from the room.

We were rushed outside, and were thrown into the trunk of a car. It really hurt considering we were both over six feet.

It was pitch black in the trunk except for two red shadows coming through from the tail lights.

I heard Luke whimper and move closer to me.

"This is perfect.." I whispered, and held him close to me as I felt the tail light.

"Luke, this is great. I can punch out the tail light once we start driving, and someone could see us." I whispered, and smiled.

Despite it being thirty degrees Fahrenheit outside, it was starting to get really hot in the trunk, but I still held him close because I could tell he was scared.

We had been driving for a minute before I decided to start.

"Alright..." I whispered, before I scooted up.

"M-M-Michael.." I heard Luke whimper.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's hard to b-breathe.." He said, and I looked up, hitting against the tail light.

We were both gonna end up dead if I didn't hit it out.

He held so tightly onto my shirt, savoring every breath he took. He was scared, and so was Michael, but he didn't want Luke to see that. It would make the situation worse.

I yelled, and hit the light as hard as I could, feeling the plastic pop out of place. I pushed it out, and felt a breeze.

It was easy to breathe now, and I stuck my hand out, waving it around frantically, hoping to get the attention of someone.