13

Michael

I walked up to my room after I put up the groceries and saw Luke sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the wall in front of him. He looked over and saw me, but didn't do anything. He just switched his gaze to the floor.

I walked over and sat beside him. He didn't try to hold onto me, or say something. He just sat there silently.

"Talk to me, Luke. I'm not just going to apologize to make you feel better. I need us to work through this so we can both say we're sorry in the end." I said, but he did nothing.

"Luke, I don't want to get mad again, but if you sit there and ignore me while I try to work this out, than I'm gonna. I don't like talking to a brick wall." I said, and once again, he did nothing.

I kneeled down in front of him, and held his face so he couldn't look away from me. "Luke, I'm really trying my hardest to be patient." I said, and his blue eyes filled with tears again.

"The tears aren't making me feel bad for you. Talk to me." I said, but he wouldn't. I stood up, and gave him a few minutes, but he never said a damn thing.

"What am I supposed to do?! I'm trying to fix this, but you're not helping at all as if you want me to be mad, or as if you don't care wether we get fixed or not." I said, but he shook his head quickly, playing with his fingers.

"Talk to me." I whispered but he didn't do anything.

"Fine." I whispered, and walked out of the room.

-

It was a little past three in the morning, and I was laying with my back turned to Luke. I couldn't sleep knowing he was upset, and I was mad.

I felt Luke sit up, but I didn't move. I felt his fingers run through my hair.

"I'm so sorry Michael. I don't know why I talk to you when you're asleep. There's no use.." He whispered. "Anyways, im sorry for how I acted today. I'm such a brat. I'm just scared that there's gonna be someone you want more than me. I'm so stupid. I can't believe I didn't talk to you when you were trying your hardest to work things out, but I was scared. I was scared to talk. I thought, if i had said the wrong thing, you would yell at me. I can't stand yelling. I kept telling myself to just say something, but I couldn't. I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"I could never want anyone more than you." I whispered, and he froze.

"Y-You were awake?" He asked, so I turned around.

"Luke, were okay. Don't ever be scared to talk to me." I told him, and pulled him down beside me. He pressed his back to my chest, so I kissed the back of his head.

I felt his body shaking so I sat up quickly, and turned on the lamp.

I looked at the boy who was a sobbing mess. He couldn't help but cry as loud as he wanted to, and hide his face in his hands.

"P-Please don't leave me. Ever."

"I've got you, baby. I'm not letting go." I whispered in his ear and rocked him back and forth. "I know you're scared, but please don't cry anymore. You're too beautiful to cry." I whispered and ran a hand through his hair. "I've got you." I whispered.

"I love you." He whispered, and looked up at me, taking my face gently between his hands. "I love you more." I whispered back before kissing his soft lips, tasting the tears.