12

Michael

"Luke please stop.." I whispered to him as we walked through the grocery store.

"That girl was looking at you, though." He whispered back as he clung onto my arm.

"Yeah, probably because I have a six foot baby on my arm." I spat, but he only held on tighter. It was extremely difficult to maneuver around target with him holding onto me.

"Can I help you boys find anything?" A blonde girl asked. She was beautiful, and had amazing curly hair. I guess that's why Luke tangled his fingers with mine and held my hand too.

"No, thank you though." I said, and smiled at her. "No problem, let me know if you need any help." She said and smiled, walking away.

"Luke you've gotta stop." I said, pushing him back a little so that he wasn't holding onto me, but he was still holding my hand.

I pushed the buggy, and walked through the food isles, and he stayed quiet the whole time.

A boy walked into the isle and Luke immediately hugged me from behind. I wasn't expecting it, so it caused me to drop 3 cans on the ground.

"Luke!" I snapped, and picked them up.

He was really pissing me off, and before I say something I'll regret, he has to leave.

I pulled a 5 dollar bill from my pocket, and handed him my keys. "Here. Go buy yourself some candy and wait in the car." I said, and he frowned.

"Go!" I snapped, and he took it and ran away from me.

I know he wasn't trying to cause any harm, but I needed space.

I got the last few things I needed, and walked to the check out line. If I stay in here too long, Luke might think I'm cheating on him.

I grabbed all of the stuff and put it on the conveyor belt as an older lady rang them up. I handed her my card, and soon enough, I was walking to my car.

I sat all of the stuff in the backseat, and slammed the door. I didn't mean to slam it but I was still kinda mad.

I got in my seat, and started the car.

He didn't say anything to me, but my cup holder was filled with new crayons and he would pick one up occasionally and work on coloring something that I couldn't see.

I looked over, and tears were falling from his eyes. I sighed, and concentrated on driving. I didn't wanna make him more upset but I wanted him to know how I felt.

"Luke, it's really insulting to think that you believe I would go for the first attractive person I see in a grocery store. I know you said you trust me, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it." I said, and looked over at him.

He didn't say anything. He just stayed silent.

Every second of silence, I grew angrier. I didn't want to get mad, but I can't help it.

"Say something!" I yelled, causing him to jump. More tears fell from his blue eyes, and I wanted to take back my words so bad, but I couldn't even stop the ones that were coming.

"You're so annoying. You know, in order for us to work this out, you kinda have to talk too, and stop crying for a second!" I snapped. When we stopped at a red light, I hit the steering wheel, and fell back in my seat. "Damnit Luke!"

He picked a piece of paper up off of the ground, and wrote something down.

'Please stop yelling'

"I'm not yelling!" I said in a not so inside-voice, completely contradicting myself.

"Fine, maybe I am yelling, but that's only because it's seems like that's the only way you'll listen to me! I'm tired of trying to get you to understand that I'm not sleeping around with every person that looks in my direction!" I said, pulling into my driveway.

He picked up my spare key from the cup holder, and quickly got out of the car, running inside.

He left all of his stuff, so I picked up what he was working on, and looked at it.

He made a card. On the front there were two stick figures. One of them was mad, and one of them was sad. The words 'I'm sorry' were written inside of a heart.

I opened it up, and read what he wrote.

'I'm sorry for being annoying. I didn't mean to make you mad. When I see people looking at you, it makes me upset because they all look so pretty, and I'm afraid. I don't want to lose you because you're the only person that has ever loved me.'

I sighed, and looked at the other side of the card, and saw a heart with the words 'I love you' written inside.

Below it were two happy stick figures.