Chapter 5

(Picture of who I imagine as Tyler, on the side.)

Chapter 5

We had to hurry to make it in time for fourth period. I made a quick stop at my locker and Zev walked me to class after that.

History went by smoothly, like it did the day before. I was excited after making friends with two girls from class.

I wasn’t too surprised to find Layton outside of my History class once it was over. He had been following me around since yesterday and I was quickly getting used to having him around. The expression on his face was what threw me off.  

He was furious.

I wanted to get close to Layton and ask him what was wrong, but I didn’t have it in me to approach him. Once I passed by in front of him, he grabbed my arm and started dragging me away.

“What are you doing?” I asked, feeling uncomfortable with the tight grip he had on me.

“I have class right now and I’m going to be late,” I reminded him, although he didn’t seem to care about that.

“Layton, what is wrong with you?” I finally asked, giving up on being released.

People were looking at us as we passed by, but no one made an attempt to stop Layton. I was trying to loosen his hold on my arm but to no avail. The only way I could do it was by giving away my secret, and I wasn’t willing to do that.

I had to admit it felt nice to have some sort of contact with him. My body reacted in a way that both confused and excited me. Even while a part of me enjoyed the attention, as rough as it was, I didn’t want to be late to class.

Layton stopped when we reached the same class where Zev and him were about to go at each other the day before. I yelped when he shoved me inside with a lot of force. Desks were in the way and I tripped with one of them.

Just before I face planted on the ground, he grabbed my waist and steadied me. My body ended up pressed against his, making all sane thoughts leave my mind.

I had known him for such a short time, yet it was clear to me that I couldn’t think straight when we were standing too close.

“Where were you during lunch?” Layton questioned, looking into my eyes.

I couldn’t find my voice to speak and I suddenly felt out of breath. It was making me angry how much effect Layton had on me.

“I was eating,” I finally answered in a whisper.

“Where?” He demanded to know.

“I was at a diner somewhere in town.”

Layton lowered his eyes to my lips. I thought he was going to kiss me with how intent he was looking at my lips. We were still pressed against each other. His hands were on my waist while mine were resting on his chest.

“With who?” His tone was getting softer as he continued gazing at my lips.

Something in his eyes was calling to me and the tingles running through my body from his touch intensified the feeling.

“I really need to get to class. I’m already late,” I told him, trying to get out of his hold.

It was hard to push away the feelings I had for Layton, but going through with them during class wasn’t the right way to go.

Layton tightened his hold on me, restraining me with his strong arms. My feet were barely grazing the ground since Layton carried most of my weight with him. Not only was he a head taller than me, his arms wrapped around my body made me feel smaller.