Chapter 30

Chapter 30

My worries from the previous day were gone as soon as the day started. School went by in a breeze. I decided to eat with Layton during lunch, knowing he’d appreciate it if I stayed with him rather than leave with Zev.

I had more time to catch up with my classes throughout the day, and the teachers were being really helpful.

I sat with Zev during P.E. Even though I could sit with Layton and the guys, it felt right to sit with Zev. I had been doing that every day either way. Even if I was on good terms with Layton, I felt compelled to keep my routine with Zev.

Layton didn’t say anything, but I felt his gaze on us during the whole period.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Layton asked me for the fifth time. We were standing next to my car after school, and I was trying to convince him to let me go.

“I’m fine. Besides, I think I’ll shop easier if I’m alone. If you’re there, I’m not going to really get what I want. I’ll probably end up getting what I think you would like,” I told him, honestly.

“Isn’t that a good thing?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No, now go,” I laughed, giving him a light shove toward his car.

“Okay, but I’ll pass by your house later. Text me when you get home,” Layton said, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on my lips.

“Bye,” I said, before getting in my car.

As I drove to the mall, my nerves were settling in my stomach. Now that Layton and I were good, I was going to be presented to his pack this Saturday.

He had been really sweet the entire day. Everyone had noticed his change. Layton would still get jealous when any guy looked at me for longer than he deemed normal, but I didn’t mind it that much.

I liked that he was jealous. It made me feel wanted. But I didn’t like it when he took his jealousy to an extreme.

It surprised me that the mall was half-packed, even though it was only Tuesday. I was driving around, looking for a parking space, when I saw a familiar face getting out of a car.

I drove on and finally found a spot. I quickly parked my car and locked it. I was quickly scanning the area when I spotted him walking into the mall.

Even though it wasn’t planned, I was excited that I wouldn’t be shopping alone. I made my way to the mall quickly, trying to catch up with him.

He was walking towards the entrance, looking distracted by something. I tapped him on the shoulder and moved to the other side when he turned to check who it was.

I heard him chuckle and he shook his head.

“Cassidy, I can smell your scent,” he said, turning to look at me.

“Right, keep pretending you knew I was here all along,” I told him.

“Well, I didn’t know all along. But I knew once you tapped me,” he said, raising his eyebrows.

“Micah, don’t lie,” I told him, chuckling along with him.

We were walking on the first floor, but Micah was making his way toward the escalator.

“So, what are you up too?” Micah asked me, placing his hand on the small of my back and moving me to get on the escalator.

“I’m going to buy an outfit for this Saturday,” I told him.