Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Before leaving Layton’s house, his parents told me the pack needed to know who I was. Apparently, it was tradition for the Luna, or future Luna in our case, to be introduced to the pack during a gathering.

They’d both cornered me into accepting to go over to their house in the weekend for the celebration.

Layton drove me home late that night. He planned on driving my car home and then sneaking in when I was in my room. I still looked pale and felt weak. His mark had really taken a toll on me. I was only thankful that at least I looked presentable.

I made enough noise as I walked in my house so that my parents knew I’d arrived.

“I’m home!” I yelled to them and quickly headed for the stairs, hoping they wouldn’t say anything. They yelled back ‘hello’s’ and ‘have a goodnight’. I let out a sigh in relief when they didn’t call for me. I knew they must’ve been up to something of their own.

When I opened my door, Layton was jumping in through the window.

“I’m going to go change. You can change here if you want to,” I told him as I made my way to my bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror to check out the damage. Layton hadn’t given me any time alone when I was at his house to really inspect the bite. 

I frowned when I noticed it still wasn’t healing. The bite didn’t look infected, but it was prominent in my skin. The only conclusion I came to was that even though I was a Legen, my healing gift respected Layton’s claim.

In all the rush of trying to take care of my wound, I hadn’t given a piece of my mind to Layton for marking me without permission.

When I came out of the bathroom, I found Layton sitting down in my bed, wearing only basketball shorts. I almost got distracted by staring at him and how great he looked without a shirt. The bond between us really did things to me.

I shook my head to try and get my thoughts back together. I couldn’t get sidetracked, not even if Layton looked really good.

“Why did you bite me?”

Layton looked surprised that I brought up the subject.

“I wanted you to meet the pack today. You’re going to be their Luna in a few months.”

“Meeting them obviously didn’t go too well. You should’ve warned me about it in the middle of, you know… kissing. You should’ve told me that you were going to bite down. I would’ve at least prepared myself,” I told him, remembering how painful it had been.

“If I had told you I was planning on marking you, you would’ve said ‘no’,” Layton explained, shrugging.

Again he was acting like if it hadn’t been a big deal.

“Of course I would’ve said no!” 

Layton gave me a flat look and shook his head at me.

“It doesn’t matter. You’re mine and my mark proves it. Come on, we have school tomorrow. Let’s just go to sleep.”

Layton got into bed and patted the spot next to him. I glared at him as I stomped my way into bed.

I got in roughly, and lied down far from him. At first, we both stayed still in the bed. When I felt his hand creeping over my waist, I slapped it away.