Chapter 23

Chapter 23

“What the hell do you think you’re doing Danny?” Liam yelled, taking a step forward.

I heard several guys growling loudly, but over them, I could hear Layton and Zev.

“Let her go, now!” Layton’s thunderous voice was heard throughout the clearing.

Everyone stayed quiet, and I could feel the air shift.

Danny, the Rogue holding me, didn’t loosen his arm around my neck. Instead, he pressed even tighter, making it slightly difficult to breathe.

“Danny, are you out of your fucking mind? I told you, no one touches Cassidy,” Liam growled at Danny.

He took another step towards Danny and me. We were standing about ten feet away from both sides. I had been closer, but when Danny attacked me, he pushed me away.

Liam had already taken a few steps toward us, but he stopped moving when Danny snarled at him.

“One more step and I kill her!” The guy holding me said, making us face Liam.

“Why are you doing this, man?” Liam asked, not moving an inch from where he was.

Liam was looking at me, trying to make me read a sign. I knew what he wanted. He had experienced first-hand what I could do.

“We came here to take revenge! Now you fixed things with Zeverus and want to join his pack? After all the shit you told us about New Elite and Blue Bloods— you’re just going to back down?” Danny said, his tone rising with each word.

I could hear more growls erupting from the crowd. They were coming from the Rogues that were following Liam.

“Danny’s right. We followed you to take out both packs. It’s not our fault you want out on the deal,” another guy said.

He looked dangerous.

“What the fuck do you guys think you’re doing?” Liam snapped, looking about to burst a vein.

“You are not our Alpha. We respond to no one!” One of the guys yelled, and the rest of the Rogues cheered on.

“I honestly could give a rat’s ass what is going on with you guys, but I want Cassidy back before I start killing people,” Zev growled.

He narrowed his eyes at the Rogues, who were now standing in between Zev and Layton.

“You make a move and I snap her pretty little neck,” the Rogue holding me replied to Zev.

He pressed on my neck tighter to show the dominance he had over me.

“Cassidy, I’m going to get you back right now. When I do, I’m killing that good for nothing Rogue holding you and anyone who backs him up,” Layton said to me, but kept his cold stare on Danny.

I was a second away from getting myself out of his hold when Liam spoke up.

“Now would probably be the best moment to do what you did to me a while ago,” Liam said cryptically, his eyes on Danny.

Everyone looked around, confused with Liam’s words.

Liam then turned to face me and looked into my eyes. He gave me a pointed look, nodded once and gave the signal.

“Now!” After Liam gave the word, he charged in our direction.

I bent down and twisted Danny’s arm, getting out of his hold in the process. He put resistance, but I was stronger than him. I put some distance between us before raising my hands in the air and pushing them forward with all the force I could muster.