Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I woke up with a banging headache. I felt like I was in a daze. As hard as I tried, I couldn’t keep my eyes opened. They would drift off for a while, and open up for just a few moments.

Every time I opened my eyes, Liam was looking down at me.

“Hey Cass,” he would whisper, and his hand usually ran through my hair or caress my cheek.

After those times, I just kept my eyes close. Whenever I moaned, Liam would ask me if something was wrong. I couldn’t manage to give him an answer. My body felt numb, and I couldn’t move my hands or speak.

I opened my eyes slowly. The sky was darkening outside. It must’ve been late in the afternoon.

When I tried to sit up, my head got dizzy. I moaned out in complaint. When I tried to raise my hand to rub my eyes, I realized I was handcuffed to the post of the bed.

The light coming from the window made the room seem normal, despite me being tied to the bed. I looked around the room, trying to get a sense of where I was. There was nothing familiar about it. I had never been there before. I could smell Liam’s scent all over the place, but that was it.

“Hello!” I called out, hoping anyone would hear me.

I heard movement outside the door. I smelt his scent before I saw him. It was Liam.

“You’re awake.” He casually made his way to me.

“You realize I can easily escape, right?” I asked him, lazily. I wasn’t sure why, but my voice was coming out slurry. It sounded like if I was drunk.

He chuckled, and looked at me like I was a child.

“You can’t. I’ve seen your gifts. Fire won’t burn through those handcuffs, and you’re not strong enough to rip them apart.”

“I can snap them with my mind,” I threatened.

“Try it,” he told me.

I could barely move around the bed. My body felt weak, and I was exhausted. When I tried focusing on the cuffs, they only shook around my wrist but they didn’t crack.

“What did you do to me?” I asked.

I was freaking out. Nothing had ever cancelled out my gifts. The only thing that had numbed them out had been Layton’s bite, when he had claimed me. For some reason, his bite had prevented my gifts from appearing.

“I had to keep you calm. You were out of it, but your gifts were acting up. You were making everything in the room shake,” Liam explained.

“You drugged me?” I asked, incredulously.

Liam shook his head, and took a seat on the bed right next to me. I tried to cower back, but Liam placed his hand on my knee, keeping me from scurrying away.

“Stop moving around. I’m not going to hurt you. I had to sedate you. Your body is still too weak. Your gifts will probably come back soon.”

“Where am I?”

“We’re near your mate, if that’s what you’re wondering,” Liam said, frowning. “I was waiting for you to wake up.”

“I’m not going anywhere with you,” I told him, narrowing my eyes.

“You’ll come,” Liam said, calmly.

“I want to go with Layton,” I told him, sitting up properly.