CHAPTER 2.

//an// The first chapter was third person so that I could introduce the characters I guess the rest of the book will be from either Josh or Tyler's perspective// stay alive |-/ 

 ✾Josh✾

 "So here's the underfunded music block," Tyler muttered, the boredom in his voice was the only thing that I could hear, but I couldn't blame the guy I wouldn't want to show the weird,excessively gay, new kid around anyway. Maybe I shouldn't have worn a bow-tie and a pride shirt on the first day, come to think of it , it did seem a little over the top. Whilst Tyler was looking the other way I quickly lifted up my collar and whipped of the tie and placed it into my back jean pocket.

 "Hey Josh, what was that for?" Tyler stared intently at me clinging onto his bag straps in a sort of adolescent wide eyed kid kind of way. 

 "What was what?" I muttered. 

 "Why did you take it off?" 

 "Just did I guess" I sort of snapped to hide the fact that I didn't want him knowing I was feeling self conscious. I wanted a normal friend who liked me for me and not because they had to. 

 "Well, I liked it" Tyler forced a small smile then continued waddling down the corridor.

 "You don't have to show me around I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow"

 "You sure?" Tyler shrugged trying to seem interested but he was as drained as me, "Do you know the way back home?" 

 "Hm not really but it cant be that hard!" I beamed trying to express my confidence in my navigation skills, but my acting skills were as good as my natural orientation and photographic memory.

 "Hmph," Tyler sighed deeply," I'll walk you I guess, what part of town are you from?" Tyler said in a nonchalant tone, I couldn't tell if I was annoying or he just genuinely didn't like speaking. 

 "Near the library but I could always just wait half an hour for my dad to finish work" I carried on walking down the corridor with a faster pace so that Ty wouldn't catch me, this way I didn't feel like a bother. 

 "You are allowed to ask for help you know" Tyler's tone started to seem a little colder, I guess I was being a little whiny and childish with trying to ignore him but none the less I decided to continue, I'd make up for it tomorrow. 

 Out of the blue Tyler yanked my hand and to my discomfort he started to practically drag me down the hallway, I guess he wasn't going to take no for an answer. His sudden touch made me feel something I just wasn't sure what. I'd never had a guy friend before, in my previous school my whole friendship group consisted of girls- they were just so much more open minded than the balls for brains jocks that used to pollute the hallways with the closed minded opinions that they all seemed to share. But I think in the moment I was just glad to not feel alone in such a new environment , I'd been so worried about leaving my life long friends to make new ones. I don't think Tyler felt the rush I was feeling, to me it seemed like he didn't care much for friends. 

 "So um where do you live then?" I piped in, my voice cracking in several places due to my mind being elsewhere.

 "And so he freely speaks!" Tyler's dull monotone didn't match the liveliness of the words themselves, "I live on the block near the subway station, the traffic gets kind of hectic round there but I guess that's a good place to live seeing as it's like five minutes away from your place" 

 I nodded for a short time and then, without my consent, my lips started to spread into a grin I felt like a loser for being happy but Tyler lived so close! Befriending him would be like trying to tame a lion but I've always liked cats no matter the size. My heart went out to him, he seemed to be content with being lonely but no one can every be truly happy alone. 

 He nudged me a little harder than I liked "Hey!" I retorted, "I'm fragile!"

 "Sorry but you're grinning like the Cheshire cat himself, whats going on in that head of yours?"

 "Nothing much" But my smile widened, behind his emotionless tone I could see the lonely boy trying to escape.

 "It's not like I care anyway I just wanna get home now ,can we walk faster I don't want my dad thinking I had a detention" Tyler let go of my hand and paced ahead. 

My heart stung a little but then again I couldn't expect him to open up straight away. My small legs couldn't keep up with him, I felt the sweat accumulating on my forehead. The sun was shining bright and my legs were moving faster than they ever had so of course I was drenched in sweat, not a good look I can tell you that.

 "Are you struggling back there?" Tyler stayed emotionless as he took out an earphone and glanced me. 

 "A little but you have to get home fast so,"

 "So what Josh?"

 "So I'll have to continue walking fast so that I don't get lost"

 "I thought you had the ability to speak freely" he tutted and put his earphone back in to block out my possible whining, but I wouldn't give in to the quiet character that I had created for myself. Using the last drop of energy I had within me I ran ahead so that I was stood next to Tyler, I gently pulled on the earbud and placed it into my own ear. I looked up and saw Tyler smile ever so slightly.

 "I suppose I can slow down a little"

//27.04.16// Thanks Youngbloodbutera for correcting my commas/grammar fam 1!11