CHAPTER 5.

//AN// This fic seems to be moving at a really slow pace I know I'm sorry but I don't want to rush the events, I might drag this story on a lot and make a lot of chapters I'm not sure. The events in the chapters are very closely linked as I try to cap each chapter off at around 1000 words so that you're not bored to death with my waffle HOW IRONIC. Feel free to comment any improvements or motivation I NEED IT, I always delete or quit but I feel like I'm not going to do that with this :)))))))))))) //   stay alive |-/

  ✾Josh✾ 

Tyler walked me to some quaint hideout where he spent his lunch hour. His safe haven was none other than Brewerton's classroom.

"So this is where you run off to then?" I chimed playfully as I smiled politely at the teacher who was leaned back in his office chair. He was eating Doritos whilst watching game play videos on his computer. 

Tyler shrugged once again, "I suppose, it's just quieter in here" 

The teacher joined in on our conversation without consent, "Look at him, he's a lost puppy. I couldn't exactly let him get devoured out there"

"I suppose that's very kind of you sir, little Ty here wouldn't be able to cope with anyone but me"

"Please, don't address me like that in here" Brewerton unglued his eyes from the screen, "You can just call me Eddy, I'm not teaching you so I don't see the point of it"

"Eddy it is then!" I beamed but I knew Tyler would not let my conversation trail on for long. He dragged his chair closer to mine and looked me dead in the eye,

"Able to cope with anyone but you? Where do you think I've been for the past 17 years?" he snapped ever so lightly so that Eddy would not hear and mock him. I could see him slyly listening into our conversation, it was clear to see that the teacher pitied Ty.

"I think you've been lost by yourself but you just wont admit it!" Eddy nodded to himself as he placed another crisp into his mouth.

"I'm the one looking out for you here, you don't get to look out for me, I'm OK"

I slid my lunchbox over to him, "I feel bad for making you leave the dinner queue"

"I'm not hungry, you can have it" Tyler's stomach growled angrily and his cheeks blushed pink.

"Are you sure about that?" I smirked knowing he'd give into letting me help.

"I suppose we can share" he muttered as he scoffed down half of the sandwich. 

"I know he's a little weird Josh" Eddy said , "I asked him to guide you because he needed company and I didn't know how else to get him a friend,lets call this divine intervention"

//

Music didn't exactly go as planned, I expected there to be lavish drum kits, guitars, pianos and modern speaker systems.  But instead we spent the last hour of school watching Jaws, the justified reasoning behind the movie was that John Williams, the greatest composer of our generation, would inspire us to be better musicians.  I wasn't going to complain seeing as I got to sit with Tyler for the third time today, I knew Tyler was into his music too so I couldn't wait until we were given projects. I'd be able to help him with my drums. 

Half way through the film my phone buzzed loudly in my pocket, coincidentally at this exact moment I felt Tyler rest his head on my shoulder. My heart fluttered a little when I realized this was the first time he'd touched me non-aggressively. I suppose his ice like nature had started to thaw. 

  ♪Tyler♪

I know invading someones privacy is really bad but something triggered me and caused me to peek at Josh's notification. I'd never had a text of anyone before, well anyone except from my parents. So I suppose I just wanted to know what it looked like. I was careful about how I was going to check it so I rested my head on Dun's shoulder, I'd seen people do this everywhere so I presumed Josh would think nothing of it.

"Are you bored too?" he whispered softly in my ear, his warm breath was making the hairs on the back of my neck stand.

"You have no idea, we watch this every term"

Whilst Josh was all caught up in my first public display of warmth I gazed at the phone screen on his lap. I could just make out the text:

xBabex: Missing you already JoJo, this school sucks without you here :(((

Josh was too busy to text back to this mysterious figure, I figured that right now I was more important to him. I didn't know why this bothered me so much but I wish I hadn't read it, maybe this was the worlds way of teaching me to mind my own business.

"Are you still gonna walk home with me Ty?" he cooed.

"I wouldn't leave you, you'd get lost"

"I walked here this morning,I know the way"

"Oh", my reply wasn't as confident as I'd liked. Even though Josh slows me down when I walk I was hoping that he would need me again. I guess it felt nice to be needed by someone.

"I can still walk if you want me to"

"I guess"

"Why are you so disheartened? We're still walking" I felt Josh softly trace his name on my thigh with his finger, my body flinched at his touch. "I'm sorry if that was going too far"

"N-n-n-o," I stammered quietly, "I liked it"

"I'm still bored" he groaned, "Wanna play a game?"

Anything was better than fucking Jaws, so I lifted my head from his shoulder and nodded.

"I'm gonna trace something OK, and you can guess it"

His touch was so delicate as he wrote out the words "Are you busy tonight?"

I brought my hand to reach his thigh even though every part of me was screaming that this was wrong, I traced a short "No" onto his leg.