Chapter 28

✾Josh✾

"Calm down Josh" Tyler whispered gently, he placed his hand on my inner thigh, "Don't let him get to you" I gulped, I was swallowing my self confidence. Ty was being forward and it made me so uncomfortable, I had the same viscosity as jelly. I didn't know there was a good way to feel uncomfortable, but I was feeling it. It felt so good to be so close to another human.

Eddy quickly wheeled his way to his desk and rummaged through the piles of crumpled documents, they were probably a lot more important than he made them seem. "Ah ha" he muttered to himself, "here it is".

"What is it sir?" I said trying to diffuse the situation that I had created.

"A tutoring folder," he wheeled back over the desks and flicked quickly through the pages, "Basically I have to do a mini evaluation on you all to track your progress"

"Well you don't have to" Brendon spat as he lifted his head from the desk, "How often do I have to come here anyway?"

"As long as it takes to change your attitude"

"So forever then?" I sniggered, I felt Ty's grip on my thigh tighten. I gulped.

"Sorry" I whispered in his ear, he smiled pleasantly but didn't dare look me in the eye, I think he was understanding the new power that he had over me.

"Sooooo" Eddy cooed, "Who wants to be my first test subject?"

The room descended into a deathly silence.

"Okayyy" he sighed, "I'll go in alphabetical order, that means you Brendon"

Bren groaned, "My surname begins with a U sir"

"I'm mixing it up, we're using forenames now, okay lets consult the check list of questions then-"

The door sprung open and a small quaint boy walked in, his cheeks were oddly yet beautifully rosy; his eyes were a dark shade of brown, they radiated a sense of warmth and comfort. His hair was tousled and tied up with some sort of red headband that matched his patterned silk scarf. He trembled slightly as he tried to speak,

"This is the correct room yes?" my heart broke for him.

"Mr. Brewerton's counselling dinner session?" Tyler replied softly. The boy nodded.

"Long time no see!" He waddled over to Ty's desk, Tyler was no longer holding me - I felt lost.

"Ryan Ross" Ty shook his head, "When did you get back?"

"Oh, only yesterday. I know I should have called"

"I'm offended that you call me Mr. Brewerton!" Eddy beamed and actually stood up from his chair for once. He outstretched his hand and awkwardly shook Ryan's. "How was England?"

"Mm its quiet, I liked that about it"

"So why did you come back?" Eddy was still smiling wildly as he guided Ryan into the seat next to Tyler - I needed to stop being so possessive, my hands were curling into fists.

"My Dad got cut loose from the firm so here I am" 

I coughed a little, "Does anyone want to tell me what's going on?" I faked a sweet tone and small, polite grin.

"Tyler's boyfriend is back after 3 years. Look's like you'll have to share him Josh" Brendon smiled to himself and kicked at his bag from under the desk.

"Friend?" I whispered to Tyler, "I thought you didn't have friends"

"Well I didn't, I don't know what to say Josh. Ryan was a loser like me, we weren't friends so to say, we just sat with each other at lunch for a few months before he left,  it was less terrifying then sitting alone"