CHAPTER 8.

//an// Sarah if you read this HAHA U HIGH SCHOOL AU TRASH CAN//

  ♪Tyler♪

"I love
dogs more than humans!" I cried as a herd of puppies made their way to my feet, I gave each dog an individual love and hug before remembering to acknowledge Josh.

"Do you have any pets then?" Josh cooed lightly, trying to desperately grab my attention.

"No," I replied bluntly before picking up the smallest puppy that was being squished by other bigger dogs.  "But I'd like to take this dog home,  he's so vulnerable and doe eyed. He's like you Josh!

"I would be offended but that is one cute sausage dog, I'm glad you think I'm cute"

I snorted,"  Don't call him a sausage, its offensive he can hear you. He's a dachshund!"

Josh leaned over to pet him, "I'm so sorry Mr.Dachshund!"

"His name is Josh, I've decided this"

"Are you going to buy him?"

"I guess not, no"

"He's not yours so I can call him whatever I like!"

I gently placed Josh on the ground, he stayed at my feet for a while but then he noticed a couple offering treats to all the dogs in the puppy pen. It made me sad to see our relationship end so suddenly.

"You look like you're gonna cry dude!" Josh giggled as he poked me in the chest, "You should've brought some treats, he woulda loved you then"

"It's not the same!" I said as I dramatically grunted and peeled away from the pen, "He would have loved me for my food and not me!"

The real Josh patted my back empathetically as he guided me towards the shop door. Truth be told I completely forgot I was angry at him, in fact I don't even know why I was. Dogs seemingly have a calming effect on me.

"I hope Helen gets this job" Josh said calmly as he waved bye to the dogs. He didn't have food so they obviously didn't bat an eye, even little Josh ignored him. It was sad really.

"How so? Doesn't she get fired from them all anyway?" I opened the door and waited awkwardly for Josh to leave first. I knew that this was a sign of respect, I wasn't completely oblivious to the formalities of daily life.

"If she works here we can have an excuse to visit"

"We?" I coughed.

"I saw how excited you got in there you can't hide now. I knew you had a soft side."

"But if she gets fired surely it means we cant return. We'd be seen as accomplices to the offending party!"

"Ok I thought you were seeming a little more human, but I guess you're still a robot in disguise" Josh childishly and loudly  repeated the phrase "Beep, Boop"  as he performed a robot dance for the whole mall to see. I grabbed him by the wrist, I felt humiliated.

"Don't draw attention to us, you know I don't like it!"

"I-I-I didn't know you'd take it that way Ty, I'm really sorry" Josh stuttered, he looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him whole. I let go of Josh and grunted faintly.

"Well I guess you know now, I'm hungry lets go eat"

"I'm sorry if I was offensive, I don't see you as anything other than a human," Josh sighed and bit his lip," What I'm trying to say is you're not so cold you know. You think you are but you're not so bad, I guess you're learning and I don't want you to feel like you're a bad friend."

I brushed him off, "Like I said I'm hungry. That's all that's bothering me right now" It saddened me even more than little Josh ignoring me, big Josh looked really disappointed in himself and I caused that. Maybe if I buy him dinner he'll understand its my apology.

I'd never eaten in public before, I didn't want to seem like the sad guy sat by himself. As I looked around the food court I recognised popular restaurant chains and was amazed at how full they seemed. I envied how normal this seemed to them all. But I didn't want Josh to know that this was a big deal for me, I didn't want him to think I was more of a freak.

"So where do you wanna eat?" Josh asked, his stomach growled lowly.

"I don't know but I'm guessing we're gonna have to choose quickly!" I stifled a laugh, I guess Josh had been glad when I suggested the idea of food. I knew he wouldn't suggest eating he's too scared to be direct with me so I guess I'd done him a favour.

"You wanted to eat, so we can eat what you want ?" he smiled, he thought he was being kind but he was just making things awkward.

"I feel bad for shouting at you ok," I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck whilst avoiding any eye contact, "It's a treat on me"

"It's honestly really ok Ty you didn't mean it I'm sure. I would normally insist on you picking but I am really craving a pizza right now, you don't mind if we go to a restaurant right?"

"Why, are you too snobbish to eat greasy fast food?"

Josh blushed once again,"I-I-It's not that, I just thought we could sit down properly, I still feel bad for making you come with me and Helen when I said it would just be us"

"When are we going to get over this whole 'I'm sorry' deal, its tiring can we just cut it out from now on?"

"I suppose I'd like that because right now I'm so fucking hungry."

"I'd say I'm sorry for eating half of your lunch but like I said we're over that now right?"

"Of course," Josh grabbed my wrist gently, "Come on I know a little place we can go to"

It felt weird Josh touching me, normally I was the one lashing out aggressively but he was the one doing the grabbing for once. Maybe this was a normal thing that friends did.