CHAPTER 14

//AN// sorry for the long pause in updating ahhh schools been hectic but also woo I'm 16 now. (My top fan account is called yellowbeefinn, if you follow me plz comment ur from wattpad and I'll love you)

 :))

♪Tyler♪

In my early childhood my mother would often tell me not to dangle my legs over the edge of my bed, she said that the monsters underneath would snap at me and drag me under. I know now that she just said this so that I would not fall down from my old bunk bed, but every part of me wished it was the truth. I wanted them to drag me away from this horribly awkward situation that she had intentionally placed me in. Never in my life had I brought a friend home, never mind a romantic prospect  or so she seemed to think. I just wanted Josh to come back and say that he had to suddenly rush home or anywhere else for that matter.

As soon as my mother detected his movement she squealed something about stopping for dinner.

"Sorry Mrs.Joseph, me and Ty had dinner at the mall" he replied politely with a kind and charming  smile covering his face. He just had  to go and act all perfect around my mother, that just made her swoon more.

"Well!" she replied excitedly, "We cant have you going home in this rain"

"We could," I grunted, "You have a car, we could drive him"

"But Tyler, your Dad is going-" she paused whilst she conjured up some believable excuse, "Yes that's it your Dad is going to go and buy me some emergency groceries!"

Emergency groceries?  She was as awkward as me but I didn't have the effort to fight her, I knew she'd win.

"If Tyler doesn't want me here I can just walk home, my house is close, it wouldn't be that bad"

My mother scoffed, "Of course he wants you here Josh!"

"I think you mean you want him here Mom" I swung my legs softly, hoping the monsters underneath still lived there. 

"Don't be so rude to your guest!" she snapped, "This is why you have no friends Tyler, you cant be a loner all your life!"

I shot her a look of hurt, she'd never commented on my lack of normal relationships.

"I-I-I, I didn't mean it that way Tyler, you know that" I looked away from her after showing her the hint of disgust on my face.

"Come on Josh I'll see you out" I said placing my arm on his lower back and guiding him swiftly from my room. "I'm sorry that you cant stay long-"

Josh cut me off, but his tone was soft and gentle, "It's okay, you don't have to explain. I made a mistake coming here so suddenly. I should have realised what it meant to you"

"You don't have to treat me like a freak, I just wanted to be like normal friends, I just wanted to hang at my place without it being such a big event" I replied somewhat bluntly.

"I'll tell you what, some time soon you can come over to mine. My parents will think nothing of it, and that way we can start this all over ok?"

"Maybe" I shrugged, I was too drained to force emotion into my words.

"Anyway, don't blame your parents okay? They're only trying to be supportive, I swear it"

"I guess so" mumbling I grabbed an umbrella from the cupboards next to the front door, "Hurry home , I don't want you shivering again" my semi affectionate words were not matched with an affectionate tone. Josh waved happily goodbye and started to run toward his house.