Chapter 16

//AN// the pic is from my best fren, her Instagram is pasteltrashlester, please follow her!!! it's an edit of what Ty would send Josh on sc and I think its rlly cute. its also a smol chapter (filler bleh sorry)

♪Tyler♪

'Jishwa✨' Wake up sleepy head!

7:20am UNREAD

'Jishwa✨' It's 8 o'clock, where are you??

8:00am UNREAD

'Jishwa✨' I'm coming over, I'm not letting you get away with abandoning me again.

8:02am UNREAD

'Jishwa✨' Brendon's waiting for me, I can see him across the road, I'm so scared Ty

8:03am UNREAD

'Jishwa✨' Ok you're definitely not reading these, you're probably asleep, I'm coming over.

8:03 UNREAD

I groaned slowly as I rolled over to reach my beeping alarm clock, it's red eyes were staring intently at me. Before I could tap the button to stop the irritating noise I heard a knock at my bedroom door.

"I've slept in Mom!" I said in a heavily sleep driven tone, "Can you drive me to school please?"

"I don't have a car!" a voice called out, it definitely did not belong to my mother. "Are you decent?" Josh called out, "I'm coming in anyway, we're gonna be late"

My arms quickly reached out to grab the ends of my covers, but I was too slow, Josh caught me trying to cover up.

"Ty,  come on I've seen you shirtless before"

"But still" I mumbled, trying to get Josh to look away from me. This was the last time that I was wearing just underwear to bed.

"Do you have your bag ready?"

"Mmhm," I nodded as I tried to reach the pants sprawled on the floor. Josh came running over and picked them up for me.

"Looking for these?" he laughed playfully and waved them around in effort to tease me. I helplessly grabbed the air above my head but luck wasn't on my side.

"Come on Josh," I sighed, "We're gonna be late"

"You cant go to school without pants Ty" Josh was sniggering but soon gave me my pants when he realised how disinterested I was with playing games.  I looked at him with wide eyes,

"Fine" Josh sighed, "I'll look away"

"Good" I said as I sharply tugged at the waist of my pants.

"I think you should wear this shirt" Josh said whilst playing around inside my wardrobe, "I think its cute"

He was showcasing a black jumper that was decorated with an abundance of roses. My grandma had bought it for me as a Christmas present; unfortunately it had not come with a gift receipt. 

"It's lame, are you trying to embarrass me?"

"No, it's probably hard to tell from my tone but I actually like it. Flowers and black suit you"

"If I find out you're lying you're dead to me"

"It's a risk I'm willing to take, hurry up my dad's waiting in the car, I'll meet you outside yeah?"

I nodded as he closed the door behind him, I heard my mother mutter something to him as he walked downstairs. She was still as smitten as ever.

//

"Ooh isn't Josh's dad very generous Tyler. Giving you a ride to school on such short notice!" my mother beamed as she passed me my tub of cakes. I still felt ridiculous for making them.

"Why don't you just go and ask Josh out for yourself?"

"I would, but I fear I'm too old. But you, you Ty have a great chance"

"Will you just leave it alone" I snatched the tub from her hands and slammed the door behind me.

My eyes widened in surprise, and amusement, as I saw the car parked on my drive. Josh's dad drove a Tesla, I didn't know much about cars but I knew an expensive one when I saw it. It looked so expensive that I feared I would somehow ruin its beauty by just sitting inside.

Josh stepped out of the car when he saw me and ran over to the other side to open the door.

"Didn't peg you as a gentleman" I scoffed as I elegantly scrambled into the car. Josh smiled politely before shutting the door after me. Taking a sharp inhale I realised the car was furnished totally in leather. I clutched tightly to my cake tub, if I dropped any crumbs It'd be the end of me surely.

"What are you clinging on to there Ty?" Josh inquired as he crawled into the seat beside me.

"It's nothing" I retorted coldly.

"Aw come on, let me see"

"It's nothing really"

Josh took the tub from my grip and set about untying the bow and cloth my mom had wrapped it in.

"Are these for me?" he said with the excitement of a young child, "Ty you shouldn't have"

The heart icing started to seem a little excessive, "I didn't, it was all my mom. She wanted to apologise for being rude"

I wanted to apologise for my mother being rude.

"I love them, I don't even want to eat them they're that nice Ty"

"Don't waste it I-, I mean she worked hard"

Shit, I was half asleep still.

Josh paused for a little while and started to look at his phone, I think the penny had dropped.

"20 minutes free time?" he quoted, "I knew that was weird, even for you!"

"Hey, isn't that a little offensive Josh"

"You were baking weren't you?"

"No" I replied in a transparent tone, Josh nudged my side.

"You totally were,aw" he cooed, "I love it"

"Yeah well I was bored, don't think anything of it"

"You even used little hearts" he squealed.

"I'll take them back if you don't shut up"

//