Chapter 18

//an// sorry for the lack of updates, I've had little to no free time and when I have it I'm just exhausted. I don't want to write because I feel like I have to, because then it wont be written to my usual standard if you get me? I don't know, I'm just really sorry for not regularly updating?? I can only write when I'm in the mood and I'm relaxed so,,, Also, I got a thiscrush my name on there is yellowbeefinn, I'd cry if you left me a message :)

♪Tyler♪

I dove into the depths of my largely undiscovered wardrobe. This party was a huge mistake, for christs sake I couldn't even plan out an outfit and it started in just under an hour. My hair was damp and ruffled and the towel around my waist was my seeming more and more like my only dress option. The last time I went to a 'party' was when my cousin had a baby shower, but something told me Brendon's party wouldn't be anything like it.

Someone tapped the front door rhythmically, it was probably to the tune of some song I didn't recognise. Josh was stood there, with his newly dyed blue hair that matched his sky blue jeans, baby blue converse and cloud coloured t-shirt. Smart casual seemed to be the dress code.

"Why the change of hair?" I said hiding behind the door, I may or may not have been wearing the suit I wore to my cousins' baby shower.

"Don't you like it?" he said cocking his head to the side like a young pup.

"It suits you I guess" shrugging I opened the door further to let him inside.  Josh's new hair was really adorable and I loved the way he had matched it to his outfit perfectly, but I wasn't going to admit that.

"So what are you wearing tonight then?"

"About that, I um think I dressed totally wrong so can you excuse me whilst I go change?"

Josh sniggered a little before covering his mouth with his hands, "Are you wearing a suit and tie or something Ty?"

"Do you want me to look out for you tonight?"

"Yeah, of course"

"Well then, keep your mouth shut and close your eyes whilst I go upstairs"

"Ok, just be quick, we need meet Helen there"

I quickly made a run for the stairs, suddenly my suit felt heavy, heavy enough to drag me down to the floor.

"Oh sorry Ty, one last thing"

"What is it now?" I snapped, the suit pulling me even further to the floor.

"I'll have an martini please, shaken not stirred"

I jerked my body around in an annoyed fashion, "You said you wouldn't look!"

"I couldn't resist, its really cute that you thought people wore suits to high school parties!"

"Don't belittle me Josh, don't go there"

He was holding his hands over his mouth again, "I'm sorry, you do look very smart Ty it suits you, but maybe not for tonight yea?"

"Yeah I gathered that, um Josh-"

"Yea, I will help you pick something out"

"Thanks" I mumbled as I clung on tightly to the bannister.

//

✾Josh✾

I knew Tyler would shadow me the whole night, I knew he wouldn't try to hide that either. Weirdly enough that didn't seem to bother me, I'd been drunk many times before and I'd never been reckless. But it just felt nice to have someone looking out for me I guess, just in case something did actually happen.

"What time do parties usually end Josh?" Ty asked timidly.

"Late I guess, but we can be back for what ever time you want. If you wanna leave at anytime just say and we can get a cab back"

"I don't wanna leave early like a loser Josh, I don't wanna embarrass you"

"Its not embarrassing to know your limits Ty, promise me you'll say if you get uncomfortable"

"If you're sober enough to understand me then I will"

"Tyler you act as if I'm going to outdrink everyone at the party"

"You better not do"

"Or what?"

"Or else"

"Oh boy I'm scared" I sniggered as I pushed Ty playfully.

"No but honestly, I don't want you to get hurt or say anything you wouldn't say sober" Tyler shot me his serious face, the one he used when we talked about how he couldn't play basketball due to his nerves. I gulped loudly and nodded, I felt like a child being scolded for something dangerous that I was about to do. I was only going to drink a little, I wasn't the child who tried to climb the bookshelf every time he saw it.

//

Brendon had gone to the extent of hiring a DJ and investing in some strobe lights. To top it all of he'd even bought those little red plastic cups. It felt like a scene that had been ripped right out of some coming of age comedy. Jokes aside, I genuinely shuddered when I realised who's house I was actually stepping into. I think I shuddered even more when Ty's hand tightly gripped mine. I could feel his nerves and I knew they would just worsen with each second that passed, honestly I didn't even know why we came.

"Hello ladies!" Brendon cooed from his marble staircase that curled on both sides, I knew he was rich, the snobbish ones always were full of themselves.

I waved politely. Tyler outstretched a holographic gift bag, it looked like one of those prize bags you'd win at the fair.

"Is that for me Tyler?" Brendon mocked as he tried to coolly slide down the bannister, it just made him look even more arrogant. "A bottle of vodka? How did precious little Ty sneak this out?" Brendon outstretched his hand and childishly ran it through Tyler's hair, big mistake I thought to myself.  Tyler immediately snatched hold of Brendon's wrist and yanked his arm away. He seemed to be more confident around Brendon when I was around.

"I can take it back as easily as I brought it"

Brendon threw his hands up to mock Ty's rash behaviour. He laughed once again before heading over to his living room, "I'll see you around then"

"Woaw," I gasped at Tyler, "How did you sneak that out? I mean your mom seems to know everything"

"I didn't sneak it out," he said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, the front of his black polo raised slightly and I caught a glimpse of his stomach, I gulped once again. Ty looked so good in black, dark hark, dark eyes, dark clothes it just all worked well together. "My mum gave it to me, she said its what people do at parties"

"Of course she did" Ty's mum was so sweet, I mean she did give a minor permission to drink, but funnily enough she did have Ty's best interests at heart.

"I'm not gonna drink it you know"

"That's totally fine Ty, you don't have to do anything you don't want to"

"The same to you too" he smiled lightly before pointing out that Helen was looking over at us. The music was already at a deafening volume so talking to her would be hard, but I guess that wasn't the point of Brendon's party. To be honest I didn't see why he allowed me and Tyler to come, it made me paranoid to a certain extent, like he was planning something.