Chapter 12

AN// Shameless self promo in 3,2,1: I made a band edit account on Instagram its called yellowbeefinn, please follow me! Ily, also the pic for this chap is on of my lame ass edits

♪Tyler♪

Bus seats are never comfortable; but I don't mean because of the awkward itchy fabrics that have been touched by thousands. Bus seats make me uncomfortable because of the uncertainty of who is going to sit beside you. This is the first time I've been on a bus and actually enjoyed the company of the person with me, but something about the experience still is uncomfortable, something inside of me still felt anxious. I felt like everyone on the bus was staring at me and Josh, in fact whenever I'm with him I'm scared that people will stare. I didn't mind as much as I would if people were just staring at me, but it angered me when people gave Josh horrible looks. People didn't have the right to look at him funny just because he didn't look 'normal'; just because he was obviously gay.

Whilst I was deep in thought, I forgot to initiate conversation with Josh. Out of the blue I felt him softly lay his head on my shoulder,

"I'm tired," he whimpered as he nestled his head into my side.

"I guess a lot has happened today" I replied trying to use a kind voice but it probably came out as blunt as ever.

"It's been a long day for the both of us, I'm sorry if I tire you out I know you're not used to company like me"

"Look at me Josh," I sighed, he looked up with sleepy eyes, "What do you mean, like me?"

"I guess I'm exhausting to be around because I'm so hyper? I don't know I just don't want to bring you down like I do with everyone else"

People say stupid shit when they're tired even I know that, but it still saddened me to see Josh this distressed. It saddened me even more to know that there wasn't much I could do to change how Josh felt about himself.

In effort to comfort him I took out my trembling hand and ran it through his red hair, it was currently the only part of him that was still bright and vibrant.

"I-I-I'm sorry if that was awkward"

I pulled my hand away but Josh gently grabbed me,

"Don't stop," he whined, "I like it when people play with my hair"

Josh let go of his hold on me and I started to run my fingers back through his hair, I didn't want to mess it up because it was obvious that Josh took pride in his appearance. Right now I felt calm, strangely I wasn't paranoid about people staring at me openly showing my affection toward another boy. But Brendon had to ruin everything as usual.

Out of nowhere I heard his spiteful voice, "You two disgust me, faggots like you shouldn't be able to do this shit in public!" Josh rose from my shoulder and rubbed his eyes in disbelief.

"Brendon?" he said groggily, "What are you doing here?"

He moved from his perfectly good seat to one that was positioned directly across from us, "Helen blew me off so I had to ride home"

"She wouldn't do that, she was the one who wanted to hang!"

Brendon didn't tolerate backchat much and Josh had done just that.

"Are you saying that I'm lying?" he said, looking Josh dead in the eyes, steam had started to rise from his ears, "Why would I want to be stuck here with you two homos?"

Josh furrowed his brow, he didn't know how to respond and he didn't have to. I quickly rang the buses bell as a stop conveniently was just coming into view.

"We don't have time for this Bren" I said, returning back to my usual cold and sharp self.

"Who said you had a choice?" the venom rolled off of his tongue.

"I do" the bus jolted to a stop and I grabbed Josh's wrist, "Come on Josh, we don't need to be in the company of someone as desperate for attention as him"

Josh laughed as he ran down the bus's aisle alongside me, we both thanked the driver and waved him goodbye before we started to run down the street in the pouring rain.

"My hero!" Josh said underneath his heavy breathing.

"We can probably stop running now" I replied feebly, I bent down to touch my knees and began to pant uncontrollably.

Josh patted me on the back and grinned wildly, "You handled him really well Ty, I'm proud"

"Is this where I blush and we run off into the sunset?" after I caught my breath I nudged Josh in the side, "Come on, I live closer we can go hang out at mine. It'd be funny to see my parent's reaction when I bring a friend home"

"A friend?"

I nodded, "I guess so, I guess we're friends now"

Josh nudged me back, "Come on then friend"

"Do you want to race back?"

"Look at me," Josh replied. I gulped as I took in Josh's current appearance, his shirt was drenched from the rain. It was clinging tightly to his body in a way that revealed every detail of his chest and back. His body was riddled with well-defined muscles, I looked down at my own body to be presented with a skinny and lanky frame, I sighed. Snapping out of my self-depreciating mood I actually noticed what Josh wanted me to. He was panting as heavily as I was.

"I'll take that as a no, but we'll have to walk fast. You'd get a cold in this rain!"

"Aw, you're like a worried grandma, come on I'm sure we'll be fine"

//

✾Josh✾

As Tyler opened his front door I waddled in behind him, making sure that I kept close to him.

"Tyler?" a man shouted from inside the house, "Is that you?"

"Sorry Dad" Tyler unusually squeaked in a small tone.

"We were worried sick!" Tyler's Dad came from what was seemingly the living room.

"I didn't have my phone to text you" Ty hung his head low.

"I don't know why we bought you that bloody thing, you don't use it! But anyway where have you been?"

"I went to the mall"

"You," he paused to laugh "At the mall?"

Tyler nodded awkwardly, "I was with a friend"

Tyler's dad gasped comically "What did you do to them? You didn't bribe them did you?"

I hated seeing Tyler being teased by his own family, I know they meant no harm but this was the weakest I had seen Ty. To save him from further embarrassment I welcomed myself into the  conversation.

"Hi," I said ducking from behind Tyler whilst smiling anxiously, "I'm Josh"

"I'm Chris" he outstretched a hand and I awkwardly shook it, "Well this Is a first!" he laughed.

"Honey?" a woman who was probably Tyler's mother shouted from the living room, "Is that Tyler?"

"Kelly, you wont believe this! Tyler's brought a friend home" I heard a glass smash and then saw a woman desperately dash into the hallway.

"I'm that surprising hm?" I said sarcastically.

"Oh aren't you handsome? I think I'd remember seeing you!"

Tyler scoffed, "Mom! Don't make him feel awkward"

"Oh yes, sorry sweetie, come on lets get you two some dry clothes I mean look at the state of you! Did you walk the way home?"