Chapter 38

an// sorry if this feels like a filler but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

★ Brendon★

"Pancakes,pancakes,pancakes!" Ryan sang as he ran along the pavement, I wished I was wearing a hoodie like Tyler, I needed something to conceal my identity.

"Ryan be quiet, people can hear you!" I shouted under my breath, he turned around with a look of delight in his eyes. I was glad that I didn't possess the power to ruin his good moods, if anyone deserved to be happy it was Ryan.

"Are you ashamed of me Brendon Boyd Urie?"

"Don't call me that" I tried to maintain a serious, stern face but I couldn't help it anymore, not whilst little Ryan was looking at me with those wide brown eyes. "And of course not, I just don't want the whole state knowing we're having pancakes, what if they all want them too? They'll be none left for us"

"You're a bad liar Urie, I know that I was drawing too much attention to us, I forgot about the whole low key thing" the bounce in his step was still present but it had faded from the liveliness of his tone.

Tyler sensed the apparent chill between us all, "So Ryan, what's the main difference between America and England then?"

Ryan broke from his temporary veil of gloom, "In England you get transported back to the Victorian Era, you have to drink tea from tiny china cups and the butlers are very polite"

"Very funny" I chimed, "I hope you didn't elope with any of the servants, maybe it was the kitchen boy?"

"Oh no, not the kitchen boy, it was Jeeves the butler. I've always been a stickler for older men"

"Gross!" Tyler squeaked, "Forget I ever asked about it"

Ryan sniggered, "Too bad Brendon here is younger than me, otherwise I would debate leaving Jeeves for him" he poked me in the chest.

"Hey, you're only like a few months older than me squirt!"

"Never ever say squirt again, I cant believe I left my room for this"

"Tyler you're the youngest one here okay, you're the squirt" Tyler pushed me playfully and I stumbled into the diner door, the ring of the bell boomed around the quaint eatery. A small chubby lady clad in a checked apron and apple green dress popped her head up from behind the counter, she was acting like a meerkat with her response to the noise.

"Welcome boys, to Sally's Diner!" I took a wild guess and presumed she was the world renowned Sally. The three of us nodded politely before breaking out into a small chorus of laughter, I pulled myself from the ground and pretended to dust myself off.

"Just the three of you today?" her smile was wide and welcoming, she exuded goodwill.

"Yes please ma'am" Ryan replied.

"I didn't realise we were in a western cowboy movie Ry" I sniggered, causing him to blush profusely.

"You've embarrassed the poor boy lad, and for that you're going to get no seconds!"

I shook my head, going along with the conversation that was unravelling in front of me, "I do apologize, please I need that bit of bacon on the side to get me through the day" I placed my hands together in effort to pray, Sally laughed.

"Oh alright then, I'll consider it, let me get someone to get you boys seated, you see I cant leave the till in case I don't know, I cant leave in the slight chance that robbers are going to come in and steal from the cash register.As you can tell I am lying forgive me" Sally laughed once again.

"I just don't want to get up from my chair, I'm awfully stiff today" She faked a smile. "Honey!" she turned her head to face the back of the diner, Sally went on to shriek with the full power of her voice. A few pots and pans clambered to the floor and from the back came a young boy in a checked apron and apple green polo shirt and apple green pants. The finishing touch to his outfit was the pair of roller skates on his feet. Of course Ryan had brought us to a roller diner.

"Can you find these three young men the best seats in the house!" I looked around, the diner was empty except from a table of old men playing cards together. The young boy must have cursed under his breath because Sally scowled at him before he skated over to us.

"Dallon?" I said as he came closer into my field of vision, "Dallon Weekes?"

"Brendon what the fuck are you doing here?!"

"No cursing Dallon, you're on your final strike!" Sally obviously wasn't very good at enforcing punishment.

"I can say the same for you, apple boy!" I teased but Dallon obviously wasn't into it, I'd forgotten about the company I was keeping. What would Dallon think?

"I wont tell anyone about you hanging out with the homos if you don't mention the whole skating diner skit, deal?"

"Dallon, there's something I need to tell you" I sat myself down next to Ryan and squeezed his hand tightly.

"Here are your menus" Dallon looked over to see if Sally was hearing his polite services, he then whipped back to focus on me, "What is it Brendon?"

"You don't have a problem with me hanging out with Tyler and Ryan right?"

"Dude, you're like a young adult I couldn't care less"

I gasped a little too loudly, "What, you really mean that?"

"I see no issue with it, I only said that shit the other week because I was with everyone else, I'm sorry Brendon"

"Are you just being nice because you don't want me to tell everyone about the whole roller skating deal? I'd rather you be truthful"

"I'm okay with it, truly Brendon, just let me go okay, Sally is giving me the evils I can feel it"

"Brendon did you just come out to your best friend, who is a decent skater by the way, and somehow actually can manage to pull that outfit off? The pants are so tight oh my, Tyler  you're both going to have to hold me he just brushed back his hair with his hand, I saw his arms, they're veiny and muscly oh he's so buf-"

"Ryan I hate you so much" he chuckled, "And no I didn't, he just thinks I'm tolerant of homosexuals, I didn't directly say anything"

"You implied it"