CHAPTER 7.

//AN// To my two readers, sorry I haven't updated :))))) // Stay Alive |-/

  ♪Tyler♪

I regretted entering the truck from the very moment my trainer came into contact with the bumper. I thought Josh's positiveness was unbearable, but combined with Helen's loud and vibrant personality it felt like I had died and gone to social hell. I suppose they were acting normally though, this is how friends interacted and I was going to have to adjust to that. Sorry I meant, unwillingly going to have to adjust. The half hour car ride felt like Josh and Helen had taken all the conversations I had been avoiding and compressed them into one. Honestly, it made me feel physically sick. The whole time I just felt like an extra component; like when you buy a new coat that has a spare button in the pocket, its always there if you need it but face it no one ever does. I was always going to be someones spare button, that's why I've never bothered to waste my time and adapt my personality so that I can participate in basic human interaction. I don't like people and people don't like me, its quite simple actually.

"Ty you feeling OK?" Josh said quietly making me slip out of my self depreciating mood.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I retorted looking him dead in the eye, he was grinning as per usual but to me it felt faked, he wanted this conversation as much as I did.

"You look a little pale, are you uncomfortable? You can leave if you'd like, I'm sure Helen would turn back around" He reached out and rubbed my shoulder.

"Are we turning around? I'm about to hop on the freeway so you gotta be quick" Helen pulled the car into the conveniently placed service station.

"I'm fine" I snapped. Josh wanted me to leave but he didn't have the guts to tell me. He's such a fucking people pleaser.

"You don't really sound it"

"Can we leave it I said I'm fine, I don't see the point in lying to you about it"

"OK OK" Josh said as he childishly held up his hands in front of his torso.

Helen scoffed as she took the keys from the ignition, 

"Nice lovers tiff I'll leave you two alone. Be quick though I'll be back in about 5!" She slammed the door and waddled off into the distance 

"I feel like I forced you into this, you're going to be OK right?" Josh said in a sweet tone, I felt his hand caress mine but I flinched away, I wasn't going to give in that easily.

"I've run out of water," I mumbled quickly, "I wont be too long"

Josh looked down into my open backpack, "You've got plenty Ty!"

"Oh," I sighed, "Seems I have, I just don't want to talk about me OK"

"We'll leave it there then OK?"

"You do know Helen is hovering below your window listening in right?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure you were OK before I called her out" Josh tapped the side of the truck and a very flustered Helen emerged in front of the glass pane.

///

✾Josh✾

"You really brought me and Tyler all this was so that you could find a new job?" I sighed as I took the 'people wanted' poster from the pet stores' window. "You don't even like the animals in here!"

"They don't need to know that do they!" Helen snatched the paper from my hand and strode into the pet shop. "Wait here" she mouthed as her lips morphed into a wide smile for the boy who was sat at the counter.

"She wont be too long, don't worry. She's had a million jobs, they sorta come and go like her boyfriends, wouldn't be surprised if she came out with a job and a boy trailing after her. Most guys find her irresistible, but apparently not me, what do you think of her?"

"W-what, romantically you mean?"

"Aw romance bless you Ty, no I meant physically"

"She's pretty I guess" he shrugged. Tyler had leant his body on the glass window, with one leg on the window itself.

"Is she your type then?" I smirked, trying to wiggle information out of him.

"Not really, no" something must have been on the ground because his eyes were intently focused there.

"So what is your type?"

"I enjoy my own company more than the company of others, what part of that says I have a type?"

"You're gay and wont admit it aren't you!" I smirked as I punched him In the side.

"No" he mumbled, keeping his eyes glued on the floor.

"Look at me Tyler," "You're blushing!"

"I'm not!" he grunted.

"You don't have to be ashamed I wont tell anyone"

Tyler grabbed my hand and pulled me into the store, "They have puppies inside, come on I'm bored"

In denial more like.