CHAPTER 6.

//AN// Spooky Jims thANK you FOr LIking anD commENTINg I'm going to cry STAY SPOOKY This chapter literally covers like 20 minutes of story line ITS MOVING SO SLOW IM SORRY //   Stay alive |-/

  ✾Josh✾

I could feel my little heart beating out of my chest, I was so transfixed in Tyler's new found sense of happiness that I completely forgot to check my phone.  Shit, I had a missed call from Helen, one of my best friends from my previous school.

"Hey Ty I gotta take this call OK?"  I whispered as I gently removed him from my shoulder. It was clear that Miss.Wright had fallen asleep at her desk so nipping outside wasn't exactly going to be hard. She seemed to be in a deep sleep so I could've answered the call in the room but I didn't want to be a bother to everyone else, Tyler was being unusually friendly and I didn't want to piss him off.

"Just take it in here Josh, no one cares we've all seen Jaws a million times, I'm pretty sure nothing changes"

"It wont take long, I promise"

He smiled weakly and I could see how flustered he was becoming, it was quite adorable to see how transparent his jealousy was. It was becoming apparent that he was protective , I suppose Tyler wasn't familiar with how people work so he just didn't know how to convey his emotions without seeming rude.

I tiptoed all the way to the door but the posters on the walls noticed my movement more than the zombies that littered the room so my effort was wasted.

"Helen whats up? I miss you so much!" I beamed down the phone.

"Jojo! I have a surprise for you, what time do you get off school?"

"Like 15 minutes I think, can you wait that long? With your new job and all"

"I'd wait forever for you Jo, anyway I kinda got sacked from that store"

"Sacked!" I shouted under my breath, "You've been at the hardware store for, what, a week?"

"They caught me shouting at another customer. But Jo he was like being a total bitch about the price of nails or whatever."

I sighed, "I guess I'll help you find another one then"

"Thanks b! I'll see you in 15 then"

"See you soon!" I smiled and hung up first, Helen was always getting fired for being confrontational and loud mouthed, she was basically the more upfront version of Ty. She was so sassy and I loved it.

I practically strode back into the room when I saw that Tyler was intently staring at the open door. I couldn't wait until the end of class, I  loved being in Helen's company she had such a vibrant character that could light up the darkest of rooms.  As I was bouncing back to Tyler I felt a hand grab my arm, funnily enough it wasn't him for a change. Brendon pulled me onto the empty chair next to his and I squealed.

"What do you want?" I spat, he was ruining my good mood. Bren leaned over so that he was practically touching me, I could feel his lips millimeters away from skin and it grossed me out.

"So who's your girlfriend?"

"I don't have a girlfriend!" I retorted as I tried to remove myself from his grip, unlike Ty he was very aggressive with the way he held me down so my skin was screaming when I tried to get away. Brendon had his claws dug into me.

"Well then how do you explain this Helen character?"

I tutted, he'd listened to my private phone call, "She's none of your business, so leave her out of this"

Brendon dragged out a fake deep breath and sent shivers down my spine, his breath was warm yet it made him seem so cold.

"Does Tyler know about her?"

"No," I snapped, "And I don't see why we're any of your business!"

Brendon let go of me and bit his lip as he tried to  be seductively menacing, but it wasn't doing anything for anyone.

"Oh you'll see" his lips cracked into a massive fucking grin, it was so disgusting to see him so deviously happy. Just because he was attractive he presumed that he was allowed to intervene in peoples lives, but looks mean nothing when you're a class A douche.

I ran back to my seat as I saw how pissed Tyler looked,

"What did that fucker want? Did he hurt you?"

"He listened into my phone call, he's such a dick! I was in a good mood too"

"But you're OK right?" Ty's eyes were glistening as he looked at me.

"I'm fine now, he just needs to leave me alone"

"I could sort him out you know"

"That'd be giving him the attention he wanted, anyway ssh now I wanna see the ending of the film" I rested my head on Tyler's shoulder in effort to calm him down. I could see that he had clenched his hands into fists.

"You still on for tonight?" he asked. Shit, I'd totally forgot about Tyler coming over.

"About that, well-"

Tyler interrupted me, "It's fine if you don't want me to. I can wait I guess"

Tyler awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck with his sweaty hands. I gently pulled them from his neck and laced them with my own.

"Ty you're allowed to speak freely, you said so yourself"

"I don't care if you're going out with someone else, just don't get into trouble"

"I'm only going out with my friend from my old school, she'd love to meet you"

"I'll think about it OK"

"Good" I smiled a little and resumed watching Jaws.

//

  ♪Tyler♪

The excuse for an old pickup truck pulled into the lay-by. I suppose meeting Josh's friend wouldn't be too bad but the thought of having to get to know another person seemed exhausting.

"Have you decided if you're coming yet?" I couldn't refuse Josh when he was smiling, he was like a child on Christmas morning.

"If that's OK, I wouldn't want to intrude or anything"

"You wouldn't be!" Josh politely yanked open the rusty door and held out his hand signalling that I could sit in the middle. Sitting in a three seated vehicle with people I barely knew wasn't exactly on the top of my bucket list.

Helen was effortlessly resting on the steering wheel as she dramatically chewed a stick of gum. When she saw me slide in next to her she lowered her sunglasses and smiled wickedly.

"Josh, you never mentioned this cutie!" she turned from Josh to look at me, she winked playfully and then slid her glasses back up from her nose. I gulped when I felt the awkwardness stick in the humid air.

Josh nervously giggled,

"Were you planning on keeping him all to yourself?" I felt the blood in my cheeks burn. She slapped my thigh,

"I'm only kidding with ya both, jeez didn't mean to ruin the romance!"

"Helen be nice!" Josh snapped as he closed the door, I'd never seen him angry like this, "Tyler's nervous and you're not helping"

The girl cackled and turned the key, the engine made a few disturbing noises and then the truck started.